Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:34 AM

Default EP 4xBBraise, 2 callers, I got BU+JJ - How do I Play?

Hello,

I am unhappy about this hand, Please comment:

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=190755
Old 12-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: EP 4xBBraise, 2 callers, I got BU+JJ - How do I Play?

Haha, I was playing at that table...anyway, I would re-raise PF there, and if he 3 bets lay it down. As played, call the flop, check behind on the turn, and the river bet will be easier to call.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 AM

Notes on my game-time thoughts:

I put Villain on a good hand PF, and afther he called my pot sized raise on the flop I expected to face a bigger PP. I felt good about my read but did not know how to complete the hand. Instead of my turn check - are there any other options? I'm looking to improve my overall efficiency.

Finally, in the actual hand getting 3.75:1 on the river, I opted to call. This went against my read but the price seemed right to look up the validity of my read, hoping its wrong and he's got an oddly played low PP, AK/A9s etc.
---
Old 12-16-2005, 01:12 AM

Hello, in response to EMcWilliams:

Then you know who I am, nice to meet you.

Btw a question for you, PF the pot is 3$ plus 0.35$ from the blinds: Including my call which bloats the pot at 4.35$, how much would you raise at that point?

I need to learn to play this game right, and I'd like to start by questioning little details, please acomodate me.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:18 AM

I think that once he calls a bet and a raise OOP after raising PF, I'm not looking to play a big pot with just jacks. I think you played the hand well, and I'm definitely looking him up on the river for $6.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:39 AM

yea, i played one hand against you were i have no reasonable holding for you, but ill get to that later. Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert. PF there I raise to about 4 total, and ill lay it down most likely to a 3 bet. Ok on to this hand, which makes no sense to me:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 9 handed) converter

CO ($32.28)
Button ($24.65)
SB ($19.40)
BB ($24.75)
Hero ($33)
UTG+1 ($16.85)
MP1 ($24.65)
MP2 ($25)
MP3 ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.25, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.25, Button folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds.

Turn: ($6.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $5, SB calls $5.

River: ($21.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP2 calls $8, SB folds.

Final Pot: $37.75

I felt I limp was ok in this situation, as there hasnt been to much PF action. With the FD I decided to lead here, and when it came on the turn I hit it for the pot. On the river I wasnt positive of my hand entirely, so I sent out a blocking bet here. Besides the PF limp, which isnt what im debating here, I think this is a decently played hand. Im not here to discuss my play here, but rather what you had in this hand, to call with a paired board and 3 to a flush that you are folding on the river.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:51 AM

EMCWilliams,

I held T2o.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 AM

rr preflop. other than that, standard.