Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Stars VIP for SNG player

I have yet to do much of the math to figure out how good this turns out to be, but I have a question.

At Stars, can you use T$ for SNGs? If so, is it not conceivable that you could use your FPP's for entry into the Sunday tournament, then unregister for the T$, then use that T$ for SNG's, thereby increasing your SNG bankroll?
If this is the case, then SNG players can get cash back for the FPP's essentially..right?

Someone fill me in on why this won't work.
Oh, and if someone has worked out the amount of tournies you would need at different levels of SNGs at Stars, I'd love to see that info. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP for SNG player

Yes, you can use T$'s for SnG's.

But I don't think your plan would work. You're gaining entry via FPP's, not T$'s. I would guess that by unregistering, you'd simply be returned your FPP's. I can't imagine why it would work any other way.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 PM

just write to stars and have them convert fpp into $T
Old 12-26-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At Stars, can you use T$ for SNGs? If so, is it not conceivable that you could use your FPP's for entry into the Sunday tournament, then unregister for the T$, then use that T$ for SNG's, thereby increasing your SNG bankroll?
If this is the case, then SNG players can get cash back for the FPP's essentially..right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you can just register and deregister to turn FPPs into T$. You can, however, use FPPs to enter a satellite, then deregister from the main event and use those T$ for SNGs.

As far as I know, playing SNGs with T$ would also clear bonus just as if played with cash.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just write to stars and have them convert fpp into $T

[/ QUOTE ]

They do that? I usually take the FPP satellite route, unregistering to grind w/ the T$'s.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:27 PM

Ok, so instead of registering for the main event, we use them to enter tons of FPP SNG satellites, then unregister with whatever entries we get...gaining T$ that can then be used for SNGs?
That seems pretty good..and might even work out to a greater return if you are really good at finishing first (not me).
Old 12-26-2005, 02:38 PM

I thought about this as well - caveat is in the FPP store it mentions that "Note: tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable." I'm not sure if the non-exchangeable part precludes you from exchanging your entry for T$.

Say you're an active $60 turbo player, 432 per month. You should in theory qualify for platinum status earning 10,800 base FPP's plus your 150% bonus = 27,000 fpp's. That buys you two $215 entries / $2160 rake paid = a 20% haircut on vig. Warning: my math skills stink.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 PM

Ok, so this can still be done I'm guessing with this new system (The satellite route). Win the satellite and unregister right? This is essentially the same thing, but on a smaller scale?
Old 12-26-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about this as well - caveat is in the FPP store it mentions that "Note: tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable." I'm not sure if the non-exchangeable part precludes you from exchanging your entry for T$.

Say you're an active $60 turbo player, 432 per month. You should in theory qualify for platinum status earning 10,800 base FPP's plus your 150% bonus = 27,000 fpp's. That buys you two $215 entries / $2160 rake paid = a 20% haircut on vig. Warning: my math skills stink.

[/ QUOTE ]

215 is <10% of 2160.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

215 is <10% of 2160.

[/ QUOTE ]
2 x $215 = 19.9% of $2160.