Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 03:09 AM

Default big pot oesd+fd+overcard spewage?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>

Is this terrible?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: big pot oesd+fd+overcard spewage?

also, it was my first orbit so sorry no reads or gametime+
Old 12-19-2005, 05:02 AM

yeah, the turn is pretty bad.

CO's hand looks like a set here so not only are you definitely behind, but you may be killing your action if you hit a J on the river. If you just call the turn raise and donk a Jack river you will probably be raised and then you can three bet. The pot is big and CO has shown serious strenght and is desparately trying to protect his hand. You have only 10-11 outs so you're losing money by three betting this turn, especially since you may drive out the guy in the middle.

-WT
Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 AM

I don't think you have the equity to do this.

CO's flop coldcall/turn raise represents a big hand, and I believe him. I think your overcards will usually be worthless, at this point, and you won't have any folding equity either. So that leaves your flush draw and gutshot.

Unless UTG happens to have spades, he's probably folding anyway, but if you just call, you increase the chances he'll stay in. And you also make it easier for MP3 to come along. I really don't think we want to face him with two cold. We need to improve to win, we don't have all that much potential to buy outs, and we'd really like to see the river as cheaply as we can, versus as many opponents as possible.