Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 AM

Default AK faces paired board

poker.com $25nl, .10/25 blinds

Hero has about $20
Villain2 covers

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button
limps around
Hero raises to $1.20
2 callers

Flop: ($4) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villain 1 checks
villain 2 checks
Hero bets $3
villain 1 folds
villain 2 calls

Turn: ($10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain 2 checks
Hero bets $6
Villain 2 calls

River: ($22) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain 2 checks
Hero checks

Thoughts?

I put the villain on a draw, and was hoping to bet him out on the turn.

Is the river check awful? Should I have checked the turn instead of betting? Bet more on the turn?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 AM

Default RESULTS

Villain shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero mucks

He WAS on the draw, but caught his queen. The bastard.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: AK faces paired board

River check is fine (betting would be awful).

Turn check > Big turn bet > medium turn bet

So check the turn. it could just as easily be slowplayed trip 10's going for a checkraise, and if they're drawing, it'll be pretty clear when they miss on the river. And if you feel confident in your read, bet a full pot. It'll be a lot harder for a draw to call.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40 AM

On a paired board I check behind this turn pretty much everytime, people do the classical "check/call flop, check/raise turn" with trips all the time, and it keeps the pot manageable. As someone said also, if you want to push out draws it's easier to do so poting them instead of barely over half poting them
Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a paired board I check behind this turn pretty much everytime, people do the classical "check/call flop, check/raise turn" with trips all the time, and it keeps the pot manageable. As someone said also, if you want to push out draws it's easier to do so poting them instead of barely over half poting them

[/ QUOTE ]

So your general line is to bet the flop, then check/fold the turn with a bet back?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So your general line is to bet the flop, then check/fold the turn with a bet back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unimproved, yes. I'm trying to find spots to fire 2nd barrels on however, but I don't think this one is good
Old 12-08-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Unimproved, yes. I'm trying to find spots to fire 2nd barrels on however, but I don't think this one is good

[/ QUOTE ]

In 25NL? Obviously this is not a good spot to keep betting but you make re-bluffs at this level unimproved? Do you find that most donkeyfish will call you anyway?