Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: MGM Grand - 4 hrs with Phil Gordon (OT)

Awesome post! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 12:28 AM

This is one of the great things about poker vs. other games/sports. You can actually play against/talk to some of the best players in the world. Contract Bridge is another game like that.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the great things about poker vs. other games/sports. You can actually play against/talk to some of the best players in the world. Contract Bridge is another game like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes as long as they are playing 1/2 or whenever michael jordan is playing in a local ymca pick up game
Old 11-27-2005, 07:35 AM

He made a personal visit to our state legislature to discuss with them the benefits of Bar Poker (poker tourneys for prizes in a bar) - and they passed it - so THAT rocks.

That and his website where he talks about all the places he's gone...

nope...I'm sure of it. I hate him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Very cool story, man. Have you gotten the treadmill so you can get your cardio in check yet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 11-27-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He made a personal visit to our state legislature to discuss with them the benefits of Bar Poker (poker tourneys for prizes in a bar) - and they passed it - so THAT rocks.

That and his website where he talks about all the places he's gone...

nope...I'm sure of it. I hate him [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Very cool story, man. Have you gotten the treadmill so you can get your cardio in check yet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

My treadmill collects dust because I play poker and read 2+2 all the time.

Youre from Minnesota too, aren't you? I didnt know that Phil played a role in all the poker going on in the bars here. Thats cool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 04:47 PM

Great post!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then this hand happens: A few limpers, Phil raises, I look down at 55 and call. Several others call. The flop comes A 5 x rainbow. Phil bets, I raise. All fold to Phil who goes in the tank. I stare at the felt thinking, "call me!!". He puts his fingers on my neck to take my pulse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else play this differently? Why didn't you call? There's a lot of limpers in this pot. Furthermore, I think it removes the 'check-the-pulse' tell. Although I wonder about the ethics of it.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else play this differently? Why didn't you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that board sounds perfect for a flop call. No flush draws, no broadway draws, just an A that probably hit somebody. I would have just called this one.

Regardless, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the post. Phil always seemed like a classy guy, I have no doubt that playing with him for a few hours would be a blast.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then this hand happens: A few limpers, Phil raises, I look down at 55 and call. Several others call. The flop comes A 5 x rainbow. Phil bets, I raise. All fold to Phil who goes in the tank. I stare at the felt thinking, "call me!!". He puts his fingers on my neck to take my pulse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else play this differently? Why didn't you call? There's a lot of limpers in this pot. Furthermore, I think it removes the 'check-the-pulse' tell. Although I wonder about the ethics of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Sorry, I typed the flop wrong [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. (not much sleep the last week or so [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) The flop was two tone, not rainbow. That makes a big difference in this hand.

I didnt care about the ethics of the pulse thing at that point - I thought it was pretty funny. Now if that ever hapens at the WSOP, I would have an issue with it.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:33 PM

So he just stuck his fingers on your neck then? He didn't even ask for permission?