Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

View Poll Results: Have you paid taxes on your winnings this year?
I paid. 5 20.00%
I opted not to pay. 9 36.00%
I didn't win enough to pay taxes. 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: My Reason and Phillips Poll

[ QUOTE ]
Now Vehn's final post on here, that was a personal attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a week for "laugh out loud" posts on 2+2! There are so many compelling and entertaining soap operas going right now, but this old post is a classic!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but there is no excuse for Paul's "I'm very sorry" post

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when Mason says:

"You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum."

That would be enough to respond with contempt. Mason is making a power play when there isn't really a position of power, considering what Paul would deem important in his life. I.e. not 2+2.

Edit: Maybe Mason is employing the Eric Cartman marketing technique to get Paul to actually post more often here!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 PM

I don't know PP personally, of course, but as a regular reader of his blog I have some vague idea of his personality. If he ever posted here again, poll or no poll, I would be shocked. That guy's gone to Carolina in his mind already. As well he should have. The calls for an apology from PP came across as petulant and ridiculous.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but there is no excuse for Paul's "I'm very sorry" post

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when Mason says:

"You need to appologize, first to us privately, and then to the forum."

That would be enough to respond with contempt. Mason is making a power play when there isn't really a position of power, considering what Paul would deem important in his life. I.e. not 2+2.

Edit: Maybe Mason is employing the Eric Cartman marketing technique to get Paul to actually post more often here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, come on Paul, you're breaking ma balls, breaking ma balls Paul.

Screw you guys I'm geing heme.

Mack
Old 11-10-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

to my way of thinking - that whole "Compare people you disagree with to Nazis" is the argument of a weak mind - and almost always the last refuge of a scoundral.

If it hadn't been for that I'd say let him back in, but I ain't seen him for months anyways, I can read his blog, and I don't think we're missing much if all he can do is compare moderators on a private forum to Nazis. - and mindless ones, at that - (the Hitler Youth weren't known for logical thinking)

There are people in the world to whom the argument is valid and applies, and it's not necessary in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree the whole painting your opponents as Nazi's is typically a refuge of the weak minded, I don't agree in this case. From Paul's perspective it's a perfect metaphor for his situation. The Nazi's weren't tolerant of most freedoms, and the hitler youth were used as mindless "moderators" of the party line.Of course, it's an over the top metaphor. Dynasty and Mat aren't doing their jobs mindlessly, I would actually say they clearly care about doing their jobs well and put reasonable thought into it.

But if you believe in any freedom of speech you should allow the speaker a little bit of hyperbole when he makes his points. I would prefer the moderators worry more about actual threats and foul language, than whether someone was called a Nazi or a not very smart person (can you believe my use of the word i d i o t was censored here?). It would make their jobs more defined, and hence much easier.

And the point of whether he posts regularly is really irrelevant. Would you be more wiling to ban Raymer because he doesn't post as much and is not as valuable a member anymore? Some members post infrequently, but each post is a gem. Others post regularly, and have never added anything of value.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Is Paul even a 2+2er technically? Doesn't he just come around every now and then to say...blah blah blah, I'm Paul Phillips, blah blah blah?

Screw him, I've been banned from forums and nobody let's my ass back.

Indy
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 PM

This entire incident is beyond ridiculous, and the "official" reaction to it is truly pathetic.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:53 PM

I've said worse to David Sklansky, and I'm a nobody newbie.

The whole thing seems pretty thin-skinned to me.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't go on a banning spree if you're underage, or if you've had too much to drink. You might want to see this picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored] is pretty funnny
Old 11-10-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

to my way of thinking - that whole "Compare people you disagree with to Nazis" is the argument of a weak mind - and almost always the last refuge of a scoundral.

If it hadn't been for that I'd say let him back in, but I ain't seen him for months anyways, I can read his blog, and I don't think we're missing much if all he can do is compare moderators on a private forum to Nazis. - and mindless ones, at that - (the Hitler Youth weren't known for logical thinking)

There are people in the world to whom the argument is valid and applies, and it's not necessary in this case.

He pretty much made his own bed and lay down in it anyways....why not just let sleeping dogs lie and get back to the business of being the best poker forum in the world.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe the number of otherwise sane posters that think he was using the phrase seriously. Isn't it obvious he decided to go out with the ultimate forum cliche?
Closed Thread