Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: \"play your rush\" by Doyle Brunson

Yeah I definatley have mixed feelings about this, But recently I've Doyle do some stupid things for instance at the tournament of champions he went all-in in the dark. Now when 2 million is at stake this seams a little crazy. But you must also note that Doyle DOES believe in ESP in super system He calls it a "jelly roll" I dunno but sometimes I really do feel like I'm about to be out drawn. But playing thousands and thousands of hands just guessing youll get it right many many times and a selective memory can be very damaging here.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 AM

I think Doyle was referring to cash game NLHE, in which you can raise with any two cards, and it's not that big of a mistake. If you are on a rush, people will be more apt to fold to your preflop raise, or they will give up on the flop.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:45 PM

As we all know, if you flip a coin enough times, it'll work out 50/50 heads/tails. However, there will be periods when 5 or 6 heads come up in a row.

It's those periods that are the "rushes" in cards.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:14 PM

i think what he was talking about was when playing rushes is not that he thinks the cards are just going to fall his way just because, giving him leeway to play his longshot draws, I think he means that when playing a rush it does wonders for a players table image, making a player appear more dangerous to the other players sitting at the table, and in turn make your opponents a little more timid and reluctant to get into a big pot, allowing a player on a rush to win a lot more pots in many different ways.