Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: My losing streak wins!!

did you ever play higher than 3/6 on a regular basis? or is
this small limit play just cause your losing?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:59 AM

i've played up to 15/30 (live and online)...did quite well actually during my stay in Vegas in July.

I'm playing down to 2/4 and 3/6 because I've been losing.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:12 AM

I know we have not always had a pleasant correspondance... but I really feel bad for you. I have been through a downswing half as bad in July, and I realise the feeling of hopelessness that can develope.

I really think you should consider the less tables option. I dropped a single table down to 3 at the beginning of the month. I have noticed that I am able to play longer sessions and stay focused for longer periods of time.

Looking at your stats the thing I would say is that an aggression rate of three is very high on the flop. It would be my guess you are not getting the value you should from some of your good hands, and also not giving yourself enough oppurtunity to draw out.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:06 AM

I just wanted to wish you good luck in the future Bob. I am sure you don't know me/aren't aware of my posts but i have always been a fan of yours.

it takes a lot of guts to make a post like this. it shows humility which i think is very important to a player.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 AM

Ditto, get your swagger back dude. You are better than that. Anything happening away from the tables that is effecting you?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:08 AM

Bob,

I'm really surprised to see this happen to you.

I think others have covered the main points, so I don't really have any advice as far as your actual play goes.

However, I'm confident that you're on the path to success as you are willing to step down, reevaluate, and admit your shortcommings. Being overly proud can be especially bad for a poker player. After doing quite a bit of sweating of the Party 2/4 BBJ games, I'm quite sure you must have a positive expectation here. Just grind it out, and unless you're tilting, you'll be fine.

Since you have two months of living expenses saved, have you considered taking several weeks to a month off? I don't know if you are experiencing burnout (possibly leading to tilt), but taking time off really helped me during previous poker funks.

From my own recent experience of stepping down, I've enjoyed it so far, and have started to rebuild some confidence after an aweful swing (addmittedly, not nearly as bad as yours.) I would be surprised if you don't say the same thing in a month or two.

-Craig
Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM

No advice. Just hope it gets better for you.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:19 PM

I had a horrible stretch recently and I did that internet challenge thing. Start out with $50 at .5/1 and work your way up limits every time you win 50 bbs and dropping a limit every time you lose 25bbs.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Havent read what other said, but your VPIP UTG should lower and VPIP at button higher. Mine are more like 12/17/21/26 from UTG to button, filtered for only 6 players.

I play at higer limits so there is less limping so I get more chances to raise first in from LP and more chances to raise 1 bad limper but still, it looks like u are not using your position.

Also, I would guess u are to aggressive for those loose games? But I could be wrong.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:11 PM

graph please.