Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: dear God when will it end?

The drive thru by Hollywood Park used to have one, but I'm guessing it got stolen too many times.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:54 AM

I always toss pennies and nickels (dimes sometimes, it depends) in the tip cups because I never spend them anyway, and that's better than them ending up on the floor or between the couch cushions or in the trash or wherever.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always toss pennies and nickels (dimes sometimes, it depends) in the tip cups because I never spend them anyway, and that's better than them ending up on the floor or between the couch cushions or in the trash or wherever.

[/ QUOTE ]

People actually throw money into the trash?
Old 12-23-2005, 06:15 AM

hi didnt tip.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hi didnt tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Mr. Pink was the one that didn't tip. Thanks for playing, maybe next time.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is common (god I hope not) and I just never knew it cuz I dont go to Starbucks. But I went to starbucks tonight to get hot chocolate for the GF, and there was a [censored] tip cup sitting on the ledge at the drive thru. Now to be clear, it wasnt the McDonalds, spare change for the needy type bin. It was a plastic cup with the word "Tips" written on it.

Even worse, it was actually full of money. I prayed to baby jesus that someone would drive off with it

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have a problem with starbucks employees getting tips? Do you feel they are overpayed?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:10 AM

The really disturbing thing is your girlfriend sending you down to starbucks in the middle of the night so she can have an overpriced hot chocolate.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The really disturbing thing is your girlfriend sending you down to starbucks in the middle of the night so she can have an overpriced hot chocolate.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is totally unecessary. The family guy "she'll pretty much have to" is far funnier, and better done.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 PM

I stopped leaving change in the tip cups after it hit me that these semi-braindead employees rarely, if ever, will say "Thank You" afterwards.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Tipping at Starbucks is not like tipping a bartender because at Starbucks there is an exact way they have to make your drink. Whereas a bartender might poor a little extra alcohol in your mixed drink, a barista is not going to hook up any extra espresso or probably even think that you would want any extra. Starbucks is not freehand drink making, they go to school and learn exact proportions for uniformity of product. I recommend stealing the tip jar and giving it to one of the people who ring the bells at storefronts. I would never tip a coffee maker, same as I don't tip a bartender for opening a beer. A tip is money for service above and beyond, and all too often it's expected. I have ZERO problem not tipping, and I have worked in the service industry before.