Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Value bet this river or hope to check it down?

Something is wrong with how I pluged this into the converter but here's the hand, with a few comments

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.
Two call to me, I opt to call. 1 call after me and the SB raises. This means nothing other than he's discovered he holds two cards this hand. Everyone calls including BB.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB folds.

Small blind fires out a bet. Two calls to me and I raise. To my surprise, LHO reraises which I have no information on other than to respect on this otherwise pretty raggy flop.
Four see the turn.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, UTG folds.

Obviously the converter missed something. LHO bets again. SB calls as does one in MP and me.

To the river

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Checked to me. What's your plan?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Value bet this river or hope to check it down?

Who is LHO?

I don't know if I hate the limp or am just like whatever, but once it comes back to you, you should raise.

Who is LHO?

Bet the turn.

Bet the river.

Who is LHO?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:16 PM

Definitely bet the river
Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM

Bet/call. He played it up to the river as if he were on a flush draw. He hits his flush and goes for a check raise? No way. I think he liked the 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the flop and the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] scared himm on the turn. Raise preflop.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:47 PM

I have no reads on the LHO if that's what you're asking. LHO is, literally, just that. The person directly to my left and the only person left of me, thus effectively the button, for the entirety of the round.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 PM

IMHO, you should value bet this river. I doubt your opponent would check raise the river here (especially since the turn got checked through). If you get a chance, please fix the hand so it's more clear what happened (rather than us having to rely on guesswork...) -- e.g., how could UTG fold the turn?

Judging from the little info I have, it smells like your opponent has a ten himself -- I can't imagine anyone with a set would check the turn with the straight and flush draws out there.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:56 PM

LHO is not a term I'm familiar with.

You should cap this flop. lead the turn and bet the river.

LHO has a weaker Ten. There's no reason to think he has a monster. You can't protect your hand, here, so build the pot.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM

I think the SB could be on anything and just hanging around. His raise means nothing and his bet on the flop means nothing though his call of the 3-bet back to him means he must have a piece.
LHO 3-bets this flop and, to me, this says set. I'm not dead certain but in my mind it was at least 50% likely. So scoring two pair on the end, LHO I know won't raise me because the flush got there but...am I even value betting here?
MP I have no reads on whatsoever except that this person has called every single bet, including two cold on the flop. No aggression whatsoever which means bad player but, to be honest, this is the one person in the hand I feared having the flush. Just not betting it because that's what passive players do. They make their hand and still expect others to bet it for them.

So to summarize: I thought there was a 50% likelyhood LHO had a set and I figured a 50% liklihood MP1 made his flush (yet isn't even betting). SB would bet his flush so I knew I was beating him.

Overall, am I value betting my two pair against four opponents here?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:00 PM

As I said, the converter was off.
FIVE called three bets on the flop. The turn was checked to LHO (are people unfamiliar with this term? sorry. Left Hand Opponent) who bet. All call except BB who folds.