Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:25 PM

Default don\'t know if i played this one right either...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: don\'t know if i played this one right either...

i'm bet/calling the turn here.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be bet/calling this turn as well. This hand is semi-reminiscient of SpicyF's check/raising the river to save bets line. But I don't think it applies here (but, what do I know, I don't know when the hell the line applies because I suck at poker.)
Old 09-14-2005, 09:36 PM

Yea bet the turn for sure. Too high of a chance you're ahead + chance he takes free card. I like the river checkraise but I think in Spicy's hand he had TP the whole time and his hand didn't improve in the way hero's does here. IE here you're not looking to save bets, you're looking to extract maximum value with what is almost always the best hand.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea bet the turn for sure. Too high of a chance you're ahead + chance he takes free card. I like the river checkraise but I think in Spicy's hand he had TP the whole time and his hand didn't improve in the way hero's does here. IE here you're not looking to save bets, you're looking to extract maximum value with what is almost always the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the board pair on the river, and don't think this hand is the same as spicy's in any way but reading this did make the spicy hand pop into my head so I mentioned it.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't think this hand is the same as spicy's in any way but reading this did make the spicy hand pop into my head so I mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

think you could link the thread? or just go over the general idea real quick?

thanks, jeff