Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Another Cowboy Issue

Ok, my mate said I should go and post this here, bare with me as I'm not entirely sure of the situation here, but here's the gist. $5 rebuy, I've had a rebuy and addon, so spent $16 - To me, thats not change, though not breaking the bank. Anywaym top 40 pay, $17 for 40th (you know how much (or little) that is to me) - Anyway, 45 players left, I'm on around 16k, blinds, 500/1000, I'm dealt cowboys... I raise to 3000. It's re-raised at me to 6000, by someone who has me covered by about 5-6000. So I'm sitting on 12-13k chips, whats my play? Call and maybe get outflopped? Fold to potential aces? Go allin and either knock him off it or hope he's got Queens, Jacks or AK...

What I decided was to go all in with it, as if I'd called, and there was no ace on flop, I was hardly going to fold to any bet, so would've been taken all in anyway - And the only way I was losing was to get outflopped or him holding aces (and aces was unlikely) - So, allin I went, and call he did... with aces... and out I went... Obviously I could've easily checked/folded to money, which is why I really do hate gettin good hands near the money... anyways, thats my thoughts, any feedback would be good
Old 11-23-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Another Cowboy Issue

We would all do the same here unless he showed us his hand or we had some super super super tell on him but even with the tell it would be a hard laydown. I would insta-push this when it was my turn. In this situation I'd like to not see it as I busted close to the money, I prefer to see it as I had a golden opportunity to double up and finish deeper into the tournament. Tough break, next time he will show you QQ.