Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Who are the best posters to search for

[ QUOTE ]
I have steadily tried to build my bankroll (~3000) but I feel like I have a lot of leaks in my game and have a lot of room to improve especially before I move to the 50s. I have focused on using the search to look at previous posts by people who give good insight on the forum. Heres who I have ....curtains, strassa2, irieguy, citanul, raptor517, bonafonex. I am curious as to whom you think I should also search for for good posters to learn from.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a dangerous area...the highest ROI guys that post here are probably the most dangerous to read because of the maxim 'a little information is a dangerous thing'

reading Raptor, GigaBet, Fiery or others like this may leave you thinking you know what it is that you've just 'learned' but instead it will have you donking off money on way too fancy plays at lower levels where the stuff doesn't even apply.

For a n00b i'd suggest most anything Curtains has ever posted, Irieguy variance posts, NOTHING BY GIGABET, all of Scuba_Chuck's hands posts and ya read that shadow's list a few hundred times.

gl
Old 12-19-2005, 08:28 AM

What, do I have some kind of low ROI so that Im still safe for the noobs?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What, do I have some kind of low ROI so that Im still safe for the noobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i was generalizing, and for the most part i think your posts are pretty n00b safe-so curtains is an exception to the loosely stated rule [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 10:45 AM

My 2c.

Tigerite - If you're looking at moving up to 55's, this is probably a good place to start. Mostly posts actual poker content, lots of recent posts about 55's and since he recently moved up to the 100's he obviously beat the 55's pretty solid.

ChrisV - Hasn't posted much recently but that's what archives are for. Though he plays well above the 55 level he has offered advice to players at all levels. What I really like about his posts is that not only is his advice excellent but he explains his thoughts very clearly and concisely. If I had to pick one poster who I thought would make a great teacher, it would be him.

Unarmed - If you really want to get good ... very thorough analysis at times, gets into situational analysis at a level I suspect most players, even winning ones do not even get close to when multi tabling. If you want insight into how a way above average player at the 100's thinks and just how many different things there sometimes are to consider in a given situation, he's your man.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unarmed, Bones, Pergesu, splashpot, tigerite and Scuba Chuck are all on my "must read everything they post" list.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. I barely even trust my own advice. Lol.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM

This dates me but I learned most of what I know from Greg Raymer for practical strategy concepts and how to think about a hand while you're playing it. I don't even think there was a separate STT/MTT forum back then, just "Tournament Poker" or something like that. Bozeman was the guy for the deeper math intensive concepts for after-hours study.

Slightly less prehistorically, ChrisV always seemed to be spot on and able to explain his reasoning.

eastbay