Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Is it real or just my problem?

I got lucky enough to find a solution for a registration issue at Absolute and they paid me $25 even though I have never made a deposit at the site.

I have been playing the tables there for a few months at .02/.04 limit and all has gone very well untill after my heart attack and new medication from the pharmacy.

At first I attributed this to the medical problems then I noticed something. The normal players at the tables were not there in the abundance thay had been during the past few weeks. I also noticed that there was a whole new group of European players seated and the game style had aparently changed to manic by more than the normal number.

I have ask at several table if anyone knew if Absolute had been running a recent add campaign. The only answers of 'yes' came from players in the EU which is tending to re-inforce my theory.

Has anyone else seen this at sites before? Have you noticed the European players seem to play a more manic game at the nano limit tables? Do you think I am just off on a whim here and likely not playing as well as I normally do given my medical problem? I am of the opinion it may be a combination of the two factors.

P.S. Before I become the target [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I am getting used to the meds so they don't affect me so much but your still certainly welcome to come take a shot at me anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Monty
Old 12-12-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Is it real or just my problem?

First off, I hope you get everything worked out with your medical problem.

I don't know if the problem is any ONE of the things you mentioned. There are factors to be considered when thinking about all of them individually and as a whole. Your medical problem could be a factor if you're on any sort of painkillers or whatever that might cause your mind to function differently or if you're in a lot of pain and are having a hard time keeping your head in the game.
I've heard that european players like to throw the chips around a lot more than North American players but I haven't noticed anything in my experience that wouldn't be too hard to adjust to.

I think the one thing that you've left out of the list of reasons that you might not be doing as well is, all depending on how many hands we're talking about is that you're just running bad right now and you might have to just be patient and wait for the variance thing to work itself out. If you've been playing the same before/after your medical problems I think that's the most likely cause.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Is it real or just my problem?

Yes, Europeans do tend to be either maniacal or complete rocks, regardless of the limits they're playing.

Are you playing different hours now than you were before? If you're playing more in the morning/afternoon, it's no surprise you're running into more Europeans.