Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

i like a raise to 4200 and call a push. jam a non-diamond turn. 44/55 are possible, (and strangely played QQ+) but i think there are too many other hands that can jam the flop, including hands you crush like Jx.

what's your position, btw?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:39 PM

I was in the CO. Oh, and also and this may or may not be important an orbit before I had raised 3 limpers from the button. I had AA, but they all folded so they didnt know that.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Does the sb have a baby picture? Oh right, he seems solid. Well then probably not a good idea to shove.

I tend to call here at least some of the time and I'm having trouble explaining why so maybe I'm wrong. I'd also be inclined to call with 1010 and sometimes ak, not sure if that's relevent. If he leads the turn I'm raising anything I don't want to show down and calling anything I do. (I know, backwards poker right [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

Basically I read the villain as having a hand he will fold to a raise (99, qj) or a set if he's clever. I don't think draws tend to bet out multiway. A passive line seems like the best way to get value and you don't have to worry about getting outdrawn. If he's smart enough to bet all three streets with a set then you're screwed. If he has a jack he'll either keep betting and put the money in for you or switch to check/calling and you can go 2/3-3/4 pot and really punish him. If he makes a blockish bet I'd minraise or some other small raise.

Great hand by the way, I think this sort of situation is one of the most important things to discuss.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:47 PM

My original thinking was that he could have two overs and a flush draw (6d7d was the first hand to come to mind) and trying to get you to come over the top, and your last point about you raising last orbit confirms that a thinking SB could make this preflop call.

If you had been playing aggressively previous to these hands in question, this is the exact move I would make here in his position with this hand, hoping for a raise from the aggressive player with an all-in move after your raise.

That being said, I would make a raise to about 3500 with your cards.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:49 PM

I'm raising it to 4K.
I put him on JT, KJ or maybe a medium pair.
I am afraid of 54..but what can you do.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:50 PM

If you really think he has a big draw wouldn't it be more profitable to wait and raise the turn when you are ahead?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on JT, KJ or maybe a medium pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the hero is winning and the villain is drawing to five or fewer outs. Shouldn't we try to avoid scaring him off?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM

i'm not letting him draw to his card for free. i don't have a made hand.
if you call that doesn't mean he'll put anything else into the pot, unless he hits.
plus there will already be a lot in the pot, 5,400 which would be an addition of around 40% to your stack, which is quite a lot.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:56 PM

I raise it to 3800. Hate this, but I want to find out where i'm at now. Smells like QQ, but could be KdJd. Fold to a push/reraise.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to find out if your hand is any good right now. Make a raise to 4k and fold if he jams. If he calls check behind the turn and call a reasonable river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will bet/3bet with good draws here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

the sky is blue, so what?