Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 AM

Default (22) Monsters under the bed?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t1425)
MP (t1130)
Button (t1960)
SB (t540)
Hero (t2945)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t300, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t750) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero?

UTG has been pretty tight especially on the buble. This reaks of slowplaying a big pair. I know if he is slowplaying it is most likely aces, but I have seen this be QQ, or JJ plenty of times from player that I thought were better. So Do you think I can push, or do I have to check fold to what is most likely slowplayed aces?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: (22) Monsters under the bed?

Definite case of MUBS, especially at a 22. If you bet (I think you should) and he raises, though, you should start to get scared, as his range is preflop is something like any pocket pair, suited aces, and suited connectors, so his raising range is pretty strong here.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definite case of MUBS, especially at a 22. If you bet (I think you should) and he raises, though, you should start to get scared, as his range is preflop is something like any pocket pair, suited aces, and suited connectors, so his raising range is pretty strong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the flop dont I have to put him all in?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:52 AM

Yes, I think so. I think I'd have put him allin preflop anyway, but given that you were worried about his hand, I really don't think there's anyway you can get away after that flop. You have to pretty specifically have him on a set hand here, the money in the pot is just too much. I don't like ninja reads, especially with the relatively little information you get with these blind sizes and few hands.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that he can bet t400 and fold to an all in here? I wouldn't feel too comfortable with that. I think another one of the frequent reraising hands is a good [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], potentially A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .

Don't think you can play this one very timidly. Sure big pair is possible, but not enough so to give this one up with the blinds as high as they are. I think you're up against a pair or a good flush draw frequently if he plays back at you, and you're ahead of the flush draws and only behind AA or sets if he has a pair.

-SonnyJay
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the flop dont I have to put him all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, sorry, I must've ignored stack sizes there. I think pushing's the correct play, and now we don't even have to worry about a raise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].