Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 11:38 AM

Default an important theory question

I have recently moved to the stars 25+2 turbo tournaments. The style of play I find there is people playing tight and generally good early, and then late game nobody is pushing, HOWEVER if anybody does push they get called by alot of sub par holdings. I am having some trouble with this and dont know how to deal with it, basically I have just been following my normal early game (rarely doubling up since everyone plays it so tight) and then VALUE pushing late game, I am up over about 150 tournaments but I feel I might just be getting lucky and am not sure im beating this game for much if anything at all. How do I properly adjust to this kind of play?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: an important theory question

If nobody's stealing your blinds, then you don't have to push nearly as much. So you just do what you've been doing and push stronger hands and dump your weaker ones.

The best bet is to go through all your tournies and see what range of hands people are calling with, and then play around with SNGPT and that new range.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: an important theory question

how tough are those 25's compared to the 15's? (i'm assuming you're talking about Stars)