Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 01-18-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: listen kiddo.....

Like I said, I apologize to the forum for wanting to learn from a better player. How many times do I have to say it: I DON'T CARE what jennicide looks like, I thought she was a great player and wanted to learn from that.

If being a "lemming" means watching a player to get better, than label me as such. But don't do it because jennicide is pretty, like you're trying to do.

And don't throw out any credibility your response has with personal insults like you did. Honestly, I stopped reading with "your pathetic life." It is very childish.

Since obviously you are a much better player, and much smarter than myself, maybe I can "follow" you "around the Internet" and be a "lemming" for your tourneys.

Let's just say we disagree on this and drop it.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Thanks giga

maybe you're my new favorite player, as long as you're not a pretty girl, because then I am a lemming or a stalker.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: probably closer

[ QUOTE ]
I really think jackass is a much better description

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that does fit better doesn't it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Its just one thing gig, Maybe I got a little out of line, but why post the damn thread in the first place.

I respect your play, but I don't hang on every word you say either. If this cat has some players he likes to watch (i'm not a voyeur myself) then let him, just don't post in a a message board in the way he did and expect everyone to be a follower like that. This thread just set me off, I'll calm back down now.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: alright

[ QUOTE ]
Let's just say we disagree on this and drop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I did cross the linead I apologize. This thread just set me off with the way it was toned.

If you ever come to the Borgata, let me know, I owe you a beer or some food for being such a douche.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: jennicide- my new favorite player

Thanks for posting and complimenting my play ntg. I don't consider myself one of the best, however, I do play well. I started playing online about a year ago and am working towards playing more live since in August, I recently turned 21. Although I do have the random railbirds following me around asking me for dates on PokerStars, there are some that do respect the fact that in the last year, I made 19 first places in MTT's.

[ QUOTE ]
Combine that with the respect you all seem to give her posts, I thought she was one of the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe here, anyone who posts an intelligent response to a question or at least states their opinion on a certain scenario is treated with the same respect. Good luck in learning the game. I don't necessarily feel 'watching' well respected players will give you the full understanding and strategy on MTT's. Instead of just being on the rail, you should attempt playing, reading posts on here, reading some poker books and articles and asking questions. Hope to see you at the table sometime. Thanks again for the compliments.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:01 PM

JENNICIDE HAS BOOBS
Old 01-18-2005, 06:04 PM

Haha...they're nothing to comment about..really!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:07 PM

Default emulating top players

[ QUOTE ]
gigabet is a fantastic player, but he's so good he can play in a way I wouldnt advise trying to emulate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this important for newer poker players to realize.
Just because Scotty Nguyen bluffs Brenes off a pair of Aces, it doesn't mean your buddy will fold to your all-in with 27o.
I've seen some discussion of hands that Gigabet's played in a almost backwards way, but it works because he knows what he's doing.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM

Jennicide, I agree that you are a great player. But do you really think your trash talking of Gavin at the tables for "using you" is appropriate? Why don't you keep your private life private?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:27 PM

I really don't think she has to defend those actions here on these boards. This a poker forum, not a sewing circle. That being said, I think because she's an attractive girl jenni's skills are being slightly exaggerated. I think she would be the first one to agree that while she's a pretty damn good player (especially in those rebuy tournies) she's still learning and has a ways to go before she's great (as do I, I might add). Anyway, hero worship, deserved or not, is just not productive to improving anybody's poker game.