Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Canterbury Trip 1/14 - 1/17 Report Part 2 (Long)

We roll out of bed around 10 am and by the time we get on the road we decide to have lunch at Hooters and watch some of the Vikings game. Brunger decides that since we are in Minneapolis he's going to bet the Vikings for $55. We walk into Hooters and it's not too busy so all the perky Hooter Girls are lined up to great us. We get seated and our waitress comes over. Here are some snippets from our conversation with her. "Where are you guys from?"..."Omaha, Nebraska." Deer in headlights look. "Oh, your license plate looks like a sunset right. Ummm, where's Nebraska at? "Nebraska is just west of Iowa.". "Um, what state is above it?" "South Dakota." Deer in headlights look again. "OK" God bless Hooters for hiring the pretty, but educationally challenged, girls. The wings were good, the Vikings looked horrible (sorry Minnesotan's). We left after the first quarter to play some cards.

Brunger decides to play with me at the 3-6 tables today (big mistake) we get into separate tables quickly. After a few hands get AQ and raise and the flop comes KT7. I wind up folding on the river unimproved. Next hand I pick up AA, here were go again I say. I win a nice pot as my aces hold up. Few minutes later I get a call for my table change so I can sit with Brunger. Description of table, seat 1 loose college kid, seat 2 kid who looked to be about 15, seat 3 loose college kid, seat 4 loose college kid (so far so good), seat 5 middle aged passive calling station, seat 6 Brunger tight & aggressive, seat 6 Asian lag, seat 7 & 8 middle aged calling stations, and I'm in seat 10. The table is pretty passive then the college kids start straddling. Here we go again. This time I'm card dead and I burn through my first rack quickly. I buy another rack and win a couple of non-straddle pots to stay even for an hour, but then start bleeding chips when my draws don't come through. I'm down to $20 so I buy another $50.

The middle aged calling station next to me busts out so Brunger moves over to sit next to me. We are playing tight so we start betting a chip on who would have had the best hand if we both hadn't folded. It helps pass the time and keep our attention on what's happening. He is not having a good day and I suck out on him over and over. He picks up AK on a straddle hand in the CO and 3 bets it. All the loose college kids call. Flop comes KJ7 loose college kid bets, Brunger raises, loose college kids call. Turn is a 9, checked to Brunger, he bets and gets called by the 3 loose college kids. River is a T, loose college kids bets, Brunger curses and calls and gets show K8 for the rivered straight. He is now officially 0-15 in Minnesota with AK.

He starts to straddle after that and picks up a pot here and there. He gets AK twice more and gets sucked out on both times. He's now 0-17. The 15-year-old looking college kid is playing every hand and sucking out. He's colored up three racks and has about $200 more in

I'm. Here is my turn around hand. I'm in the small blind and get QJ:clubs: The hand is straddled. Brunger 3-bets it, I 4-bet it, and 15-year-old looking loose college kid caps it. Flop comes QJQ. ka-ching. Loose college kid bets, 15-year-old raises, loose college kid calls , I'm so wired I 3-bet out of turn and loose two sure callers. Loose college kids call. Turn is a T. 1st loose college kid checks, 15 year old looking kid bets, loose college kid folds, I raise, loose college kid folds, 15 year old looking kid re-raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I cap, he calls. river is a 9. 15-year-old kid bets, I raise, he calls. I flip up my flopped boat. 15 year looking kid flips up TT and looks like he's about to cry.

I quickly make back my buy INS and I'm up a rack when I get KK on the button in a straddled hand. Brunger is on tilt and 3-bets it with JT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I 4-bet. 15-year-old looking kid cold calls from the SB, loose college kid who straddled caps it, Brunger and I call so does 15-year-old looking kid. Flop come T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I have K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Everyone checks to me, I bet 15 year old kid calls & Brunger calls, loose college kid who straddled folds. The turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 15 year old kid checks & Brunger bets, I raise, 15 year old kid calls, Brunger calls. River is J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 15-year-old kid bets, [censored]. Brunger calls, I call saying his 9 is good. He looks shocked as he flips over 59o to rake in a huge pot. Brunger can't believe the kid cold called 4 bets with 59o. I hit a couple of big hands to work back to cash out at $330, leaving me down about $20 for weekend. Brunger got stuck for $350 that night and was down $100. We left around 11:30 pm and the 15-year-old kid had spewed off all but about $100 of the $500 he had in front of him.

Brunger is ranting about how horrible the kids play was and the fact he's never going to play a blue chip game again at Canterbury. We came to Canterbury back in August 2004 and he dropped $275 playing 4-8 and made $900 in 6-12 over that weekend. We walk out into the cold and head back to the hotel.