Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

I know, just that people will argue that he cheated so should have the money confiscated anyway.

You'd think party would have strong evidence to confiscate 15k given the way they handle collusion, but then again I think they just take a much tougher stance on bots. They're also quite incompetent, and it wouldn't surprise me if missing popups was all the evidence they had.

Not saying he didn't use a bot (it's unlikely he did if he's telling the truth about playing as a team), just that people shouldn't jump to conclusions without all the facts. Not that we're likely to get all the facts anyway.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:51 PM

Party isn't going to release their stuff and Unreal_nh would never admit to using a bot even if he did, so I don't think we will get any further. I don't know if they even object to tag teaming for leaderboard glory. The whole point of the leaderboard is to get people to play an insane amount of poker to start with.

The main benefit from the discussion is that we all learned that if a popup comes, we better respond or we are SOL and possibly if you get a popup in a SnG, you are being investigated.

I do think they monitor the account for quite a while before shutting people down (at least they did for the bots I reported) so I have no reason to believe they don't check for response times. It isn't all too complicated to do.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, 3k $22s with an 18% ROI would've topped the leaderboard (that would've netted 43k points).

Topping the leader board on 22s isn't nearly as extreme as some people think.

Now for the 7-8 hours a day it'd take a 10tabler to play 3k sngs in a month. Well it's hardcore, but it's definately doable.

None of this is unrealistic and I think I've shown this. It's very hardcore, but it's is far from impossible.

Edited to add: I don't think they deserves to lose 15k for playing as a team. Knocked off the leaderboard and forced to pay back that 5k prize? Sure, but they don't deserve to have their winnings confiscated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you said. Maybee he got flagged as a possible bot because he and his friend played for so many hours/day over a long period?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It isn't all too complicated to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about party here.

If he didn't use a bot, then I hope he gets his money.

If he did use a bot, then he understood the risks and will no pay for it. It'd also be really silly to leave $15k in his account if he was using a bot, as he'd want to minimize his risk.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:19 PM

I wish this was settled, but I don't see Party cooperating with you if they have already made their decision.

Maybe you were multi-tabling without enough breaks to warrant the suspicion of bot use?

It's also possible they thought you were using because of two different IPs using the same account?

Maybe you missed the pop-ups?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:22 PM

Well, it was when he tried to cash out that Party locked his account. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 PM

For those that suppose that he may be a bot...

I thought that the best a bot could do was win a tiny percent ROI. At this stage of Bot development doesn't his winrate exonerate him ?

Not much of a defense to Party..

" I am too good to be a friggin bot !! "

but something to consider.

--
tjh
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 PM

I figured i'd chime in here and say it is quite possible to win at a pretty high roi by just using normal push/fold strategy. It really isnt that hard if you just know when to push and fold. Next month, if I get motivated enough, I plan on putting in about 150 $55s or $109s a day every day. I will have no life, but I will have a pretty good chunk of change at the end of the month. Also, as to why he has played 3000 $22s, maybe he has no desire to move up because the $22s are profitable enough...why am I playing $22s right now? Because I am making the same amount I could make in the $215s with much smaller downswings. It is quite possible for one person to play 4500 sngs in a month and I see no reason why he couldnt do it. Oddly enough though, I kinda hope he was using a bot simply because I have very little morals and want to see a good bot pwn. As for not clicking the popups, every time I see one pop up in front of me, I think I lost a game until I read what it says...I couldnt imagine ever not clicking one.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:36 AM

"Next month, if I get motivated enough, I plan on putting in about 150 $55s or $109s a day every day."

Please stick to the $109s, a number of us have already booked the $55s for a hardcore month in december.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:45 AM

But why play 109s when I make the same amount in the $55s? I considered seeing if 33% roi was possible in the $33s, but I think that can wait. Table selection is a good thing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]