Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Falcons/Eagles

Call it jumping the gun, but I can't wait to see the Falcons - Eagles game next week. The way the Philly D is playing today, it'll be interesting to see what solutions they come up with to stop Vick.

Minnesota never had a chance. Even with a couple Philly mistakes, the Vikes were just never in it. It's only a 17 point game in the 3rd, but IMHO the game isn't as close as the score says.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Falcons/Eagles

this wasnt even close - eagles left a lot of points on the field. that field goal at the end of the first half and freddie mitchell's dropped td

go birds!!!!!!

peace - jeff

p.s. next week's game is gonna be nasti
Old 01-16-2005, 07:43 PM

The line is already up at Pinnacle, Phil -4. I really like the iggles in that spot, as much as I hate playing favorites, because I see the situation as very analagous to the Philly/Minny game today: a poor team overperforms the week before, then returns to form the next week.

Just have to wait and see where the money goes.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:12 PM

Yah, just got home a few minutes ago (posted from the bar earlier, free wireless, what?? who brings a laptop to the bar??? apparently quite a few people had one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I see it's already going to -4.5/-5 in spots, get it quick before it gets up near 6 or a TD....
Old 01-16-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah, just got home a few minutes ago (posted from the bar earlier, free wireless, what?? who brings a laptop to the bar??? apparently quite a few people had one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I see it's already going to -4.5/-5 in spots, get it quick before it gets up near 6 or a TD....

[/ QUOTE ]

Line has already dropped from -5 to -4.5 Should I grab it now or wait for it to drop a little more?
Old 01-16-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a poor team overperforms the week before, then returns to form the next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...please explain. How is atlanta a poor team?
Old 01-16-2005, 11:44 PM

Should be a good game next week. Jim Mora Jr. can actually coach and gameplan for a team, which scares me alittle bit from the Eagles standpoint. The Eagles defense is playing so good right now and the one problem they had (stopping the run) was fixed when Trotter started to play at MLB. Other than a few Vick 25-30 yard 'Vick' plays I really don't think the Falcons can do alot against the Eagles defense.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:18 AM

I think that Atlanta is overvalued this year. Its more of a gut feeling than anything else, but as evidence I could point to games like the Chiefs earlier this year.

Yes, I know they have played well above that level as well. However, I think they suck, and I'm very happy that they blew out another sucky team (the Rams, who are my favorite team) so that the line is a bit inflated.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:21 AM

This line should be up around a touchdown, but is helped by Atlanta absolutely destroying a pathetic Rams team this weekend. Won't happen against the Eagles though....we'll see what the public has to say, but I'm already locked in at -4.5, expecting to lock in more during the week as the number stabilizes....
Old 01-17-2005, 12:29 AM

I think the money will come down on ATL. I would have waited if I was you (but you are betting as a fan I am sure [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]). Vick is this weeks Manning. He is a very good QB, but people will only remember him lighting up STL. Just like people remember Manning lighting up DEN. Plus everybody will discuss PHI "choking" the last 3 years in this exact game. I truly think the money will come in on ATL.

craig