Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: How -EV is DreamClown Preflop?

Is he using these tactics because he want to show the world he is so great he can win despite the handicap of giving up so much preflop ?

Or

Is he contending that this is actually a good strategy ?

I am reminded of something Brunson once said; "a world class player with a pair of Kings is a serious underdog to a nobody with a pair of Aces.

Closer to home, our very own Mr S. once wrote, when depicting a situation when any person even bordering on sane would muck AA preflop in a tournament, "perhaps the only person who would be correct to call here would be me; the increase in sales of this [tournament manual] would far outweigh the small loss in EV in any one tournament.

(I was forced to paraphrase both authors - doing too many things to research either quote and I lent out the latter book).

I have no idea who Dreamclown is (I have heard of Mr. Negreanu) but I will put up any reasonable amount of money (reasonable to ME, that is [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) to play a match heads-up with either of these gentlemen if they promise to employ this strategy and if their MINIMUM [stakes] were higher than I could afford, I am, as we speak, sitting next to two people whose checkbooks sit open.

Gee Wilbur, ya don't think, ah say you don't think, this could be a publicity stunt, do ya ?