Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Interleague Winner

Today's Play:
Texas (-116) @ Philly

I'm C. Young's biggest fan, and this guy from Philly barely got people out in AA ball. Unload on this, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Pick Courtesy of Bookie's Nightmare
My Free Record: 4-2
Current Streak: 3 wins
Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Interleague Winner

My money's on Corn Fed too.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Interleague Winner

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Hey CCx

What do you think of the trade? I haven't dug into it yet but first glance I think it's good for Philly.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Hey CCx

i'm glad you asked [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

first, let me just say that i dont believe ed wade made this trade - he must have been on vacation, in the bathroom, or otherwise incapacitated while the trade was being made - not that ruben amaro jr. is any better of a GM...but anyway -- i think it's great for us, if urbina can continue to pitch like he has been of late and in the past, our bullpen should be rock solid - i remember whenever he came into the game for the Marlins against us, i would change the channel/head for the exit, because i knew it was over -- so even though our starters have been going deep into games (another rarity for a phillies team), now instead of bringing in geoff geary, adam fultz and ryan madsen we can give them madsen, urbina and then straight to wagner - also having the ability to use urbina as a closer when we have wagner pitch too many games in a row is an absolute luxury

however, this is philadelphia, and if urbina's arm falls off i will not be shocked in the least [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

although it sucks to lose polanco (i'd have rather lost bell).... i'm excited to have utley playing every day, something i and every other person in philly has been screaming for all year, i think the kid is going to be our everyday 2B for many years

i'm actually so excited about the trade, that i may actually have to patronize them with my business this weekend.... twice! (i cancelled my season tickets, as did a lot of others and also refused to go to more than 5 games this year until they got rid of ed wade and charlie manuel)

also, even though tejeda did a great job last night filling in the rotation, it was the classic 'rookie pitcher's first start' syndrome, and i think if he made a few more starts he'd get rocked - his stuff is pretty raw right now and i think it's best suited to the bullpen for a while like he has been doing to work on his mechanics

great trade... shocking, but great (results pending)