Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 01:02 PM

Default 5/19 Afternoon

Quick write up of a few early NL Games:

StL (Marquis) +117 @ Philly (Myers)

Both pitchers have been quite good, Myers somewhat better than Marquis. While the Cards rest Sanders (Cedeno in), and no Rolen (Nunez at third), the Phils lineup is I think terrible. No Thome or Howard (Perez at first). Endy Chavez in center. David Bell plays (I think they are better offensively with Polanco in the lineup). And Marquis has owned Abreu to date. Add to the fact that the Phils are losers and the Cards are winners, and I go with a close one that tilts in favor of taking +117.

2. Brewers +119 (Santos) @ Nats (Hernandez)

Brewers play pretty much a full lineup, while Nats are without Vidro, Guillen, and Hammond plays over Marlon Byrd, who is off to a good start. Santos has pitched pretty well, and Hernandez has a bum knee (although he says he's fine). I like the Nats with Church in the lineup, but I go with an underdog full Brew-crew lineup here in what I think is another well-pitched game.

3. Giants/Rockies over 12.5 (-105)

All I can say is that I can't see how Brett Tomko doesn't get absolutely lit up in Coors, where the temp is supposed to be around 90 and balls should be flying out of there. Tomko alone could give up 13 runs.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: 5/19 Afternoon

I know it's too late ... but bad info -- Walker, not Sanders, is sitting today. Thank god for David Bell (king double play) killing the Phils first innning rally.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:17 PM

YUCK
Old 05-19-2005, 05:17 PM

I was lucky to bet over 9 on the Cards game. Now I've got the under on 7.5 for the Astros game. Only 1 of Clemens 8 games this year have busted that total.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:39 PM

niss, never bet for or against the phillies - they both sux0rz and are real good on the same day, that will teach you....

this message brought to you by: Heineken