Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 04:21 PM

Default laptop/2001fp need some advice...

I'm currently running a compaq CRT off of my laptop, which is big enough to support 4 tables with no overlap (19inch I think). My destop is expanded to it, and when I have the resolution up to 1600x1200, the tables fit fine and it works perfect. My laptop screen also functions just fine, but periodically a line will flash across the screen. This is only occaisonally, and it doesn't bother me. I'm wondering if this is going to hurt my laptop, because I was thinking it might not support that resolution. But then I was thinking that if it didn't support it, it wouldn't allow me to select it. For the time being i'm just leaving the resolution down just in case. My laptop is a Sony VAIO K-Series PCG-K25.

I was looking into the 2001fp after all the good reviews, but given that I only have a laptop, it would be almost useless (as far as four tabling), if my laptop can't support the resolution, correct? I was thinking about buying the Dell desktop that's running like 600 bucks, and getting a 2001fp. Would it be possible to link my laptop/compaq crt to my dell desktop monitor/2001fp, as to make a 4 monitor setup on two computers?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: laptop/2001fp need some advice...

I don't think you can have one computer driving four independent monitors with out a very specialized graphics card or two graphics cards that can work together. Those systems exist - but you can't jury-rig it together with two computers.

If you can use a mouse with each hand, I think you can easily have two computers each with two monitors.

rabbit
Old 02-01-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can have one computer driving four independent monitors with out a very specialized graphics card or two graphics cards that can work together. Those systems exist - but you can't jury-rig it together with two computers.

If you can use a mouse with each hand, I think you can easily have two computers each with two monitors.

rabbit

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured it seemed to easy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What about the resolution glitch on my laptop? Is it something I should worry about? It seems so minor, but my computer is too new to risk screwing up..
Old 02-01-2005, 04:57 PM

bump
Old 02-01-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the resolution glitch on my laptop? Is it something I should worry about? It seems so minor, but my computer is too new to risk screwing up..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem...ignore it.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an HPze5170 that only supports 1024 x 768... it's 2 years old, runs at P4 2.0 gHz, and I run dual monitors with a 2001fp at 1600 x 1200 with zero problems...

Dan