Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Forgive me for asking, but...

First hand looks like a raise to me and call if capped.

Second hand I would call down here, no point jamming this turn and putting in lots of bets against someone that's loose and could very well possibly have a 9.

and 200 BB isn't too bad, just ride through it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 AM

i want to elaborate what i said...

hand 1 easy three bet, call the cap

hand 2 raise, fold to a cap, and check behind river UI
Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 raise, fold to a cap, and check behind river UI

[/ QUOTE ]

And what does this accomplish? He will fold all worse hands and cap all hands that beat you. Calling gets you more value from a weaker J or a low pocket, while it saves you money when you're up against a 9.

Does anyone agree with my original thinking? 2.2 is a really high AF for someone with 38 VPIP. In my experience, these players will always go to war on the flop with any two pair (any J or pocket pair) and will use the CC/CR line with a 9.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Is this for real? Just kidding i will give your thread more respect than you gave mine. I would call in first situation since you are getting raised by yourself since the sb raised and you are the sb. So it has to be a tie. Just kidding again. I would reraise if it was the loose aggressive if he raises again then i have to worry about QQ ot a 9 and just call.

@nd one with kj call the turn raise and call river. People make bluff raises and semi bluff riases too often to fold here.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing, the biggest of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been playing for a substantial period of time you can consider that either lucky or an achievement on your part. I wouldn't get too depressed about it.

Hand one's an easy re-raise. You'll see a Q here majority of the time. If you get capped gnash your teeth together and call. On hand two you just call down and hand him some rope.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing, the biggest of my life

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been playing for a substantial period of time you can consider that either lucky or an achievement on your part. I wouldn't get too depressed about it.

Hand one's an easy re-raise. You'll see a Q here majority of the time. If you get capped gnash your teeth together and call. On hand two you just call down and hand him some rope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing for quite a while (about 8 years) and professionally for 4. I've never encountered so many losses to 2-5 card outs in such a short span of time/hands. I'm generally untiltable, but this has me talking to myself. I'll get over it, and I just need to make sure i'm not making any stupid mistakes on what should be easy to play hands. thanks for the encouragement.

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 02:49 AM

For those who 3-bet river in hand 1, don't you think a LAG would have raised the flop or turn w/a Q? loose/tight-passives are the ones who worry about kicker not being good enough on this board, not LAGs. I think the raise is a bluff a majority of the time, with the other times it being the case 9, so I just call here, since he's folding all his bluffs to a 3-bet and obviously capping quads.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 AM

What you say itsd all true. But the bottom line is only a 9 or QQ beats you. Loose agressive players will raise with a wide variety on the river so the percentage is wioth you that your good. And yeah could be bluffing but he may try another rebluff, or he may have a little somthing and call you out of curiousity now.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:50 AM

Hi,

Hand 1, I'd reraise. There is some chance of course that the caller has been slowplaying a 9 trying to keep the 3rd player in, but I take the risk.

Hand 2, it depends on his SD rate, but at 2.2 AF I'm calling down.

Keep your head up.

good luck.
eric
Old 11-14-2005, 06:00 AM

hand 1 i 3bet but im a sh lagtard.

hand 2 i call down but im a sh lagtard.