Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Be a pro for one month

I am a college student who usually plays poker for extra cash during the school year. It beats a part time job. Anyways, I'm on winter break from now through the end of January. I have absolutely no obligations(job, school, etc.) and most of my old high school friends are not around for the break. So for the month of January, I will pretend that I am a "sng pro" and see how well I do.

I have never considered becoming a pro after I graduate and still do not intend to become one, even if I do well this month. I just think it would be interesting to see if I have the determination, endurance, and mental toughness required to be a pro.

I only have one monitor at my house right now so I will mostly be 4 tabling the 33s and 55s. I hope to play about 800-1000 games. The most I've ever played in one month before is 500, but I've never played full time before.

I'll post my results and observations at the end of January. Any other college students on break are welcome to join me in this. Post your comments, advice, encouragement, or odds that I quit half way through.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Be a pro for one month

Good luck! Sounds like fun. I've been considering taking a month at some point if I can get it to do the same thing, so I'll be interested to see how this goes for ya.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:47 PM

G/L....Looking forward to results [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 03:48 PM

good luck man. really interested to see how that goes.

cheers.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:56 PM

Good luck. After you are done, come sit in my chair at work for a month so I can do the same.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Let's do a prop bet on who can get fired first for surfing 2+2 all day. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 04:20 PM

Buy a second monitor before New Year's. Then convince me to buy a second one.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy a second monitor before New Year's. Then convince me to buy a second one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a second one. I just left it at school. I'm not going to buy a third one.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:26 PM

I'm in El Segundo, CA and my boss is in Vancouver, WA. I surf 2p2 by ssh'ing into a machine that has nothing to do with my work. Despite myself, I seem to be making money for my boss.

No one's gonna solve my problems for me.

I know you hate your job too. Wanna trade?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:09 PM

Considering my boss just walked behind me and saw me surfing 2+2 for the 4th time today and 742nd time in the last 2 weeks, yes you can have my job (he's very quick and quiet, like a damn cat - there he goes again - WOULD YOU JUST STAY SEATED FOR 10 FREAKING MINUTES SO I CAN TYPE THIS???). Yes, you can drive to Santa Monica everyday and I'll take El Segundo.

The weird thing is they've never said anything to me about surfing the internet, not once. Lots of other stuff, but not that. It's like it's taboo or something for an internet company to get on you for using the internet. If this were a big company, they'd just pull my internet logs and fire me. Ahhh sweet nectar of unemployment, just enough to pay the rent and I'll squeak out the rest somehow. But I just can't force myself to be a big enough a**hole to get fired. God knows I'm trying.

Oh yeah, also on my work-at-home dream job that I QUIT, my bosses were all in NJ, so they were gone by 2pm everyday. I really need to stop thinking about what life would be like if I still had that job. I'm going to get an ulcer.

Edit: Oh yeah, good luck Slashpot! Sorry to hijack your thread. Stay in school so you can have a dream job like me and microbet.