Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: I Don\'t Know Enough to be a Winning Player (QUIZ)

Nate the Great (or was it CDC, I mix them up) sort of had one in the famous "You play too tight" post. About 20 hands or so, each of which was then discussed. No points, however.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The quiz was quite bad, but I definitely like the idea in itself. A quiz in the same spirit as the excellent chess book "Test Your Positional Play", where points are awarded for your decisions, and both the correct and wrong answers are discussed and important concepts are illustrated.

Such a quiz would certainly be appreciated by many; perhaps one of the Pooh-bahs could make one and have it published in the "Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm home for break and have nothing to do. I'm so putting together a quiz.

I'll try to make everything stuff that's not that debateable, but I'll put some borderline stuff in there because I'm all about generating discussion.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:10 PM

Ugh. Just awful. He folds AKo/s and JJ to one raise, but wants to 3bet AJs? I don't get it.

-Jaran
Old 12-23-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The quiz was quite bad, but I definitely like the idea in itself. A quiz in the same spirit as the excellent chess book "Test Your Positional Play", where points are awarded for your decisions, and both the correct and wrong answers are discussed and important concepts are illustrated.

Such a quiz would certainly be appreciated by many; perhaps one of the Pooh-bahs could make one and have it published in the "Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm home for break and have nothing to do. I'm so putting together a quiz.

I'll try to make everything stuff that's not that debateable, but I'll put some borderline stuff in there because I'm all about generating discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 PM

*grunch*

I think the quiz could take a lesson from these boards and post position and reads in the questions instead of all at the top. It's very easy to lose track of such things scrolling all over the place.

Many of his choices are clearly subjective and in at least one case, plain wrong. I thought his A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand was pretty much botched.

It's good to look at the problems to see the thought processes and work through the situation, but ultimately you've got to find your own feel for the game and make the choices you can handle.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:25 PM

First the questions are a bit misleading because he doesn't give the total of the pot, and it isn't clear when people fold/call . . . I had to muddle through these. It wasn't fun!!

I really don't like a lot of his answeres . . .
Fold JJ preflop against a single raise?! I auto-3 bet JJ (OMG! A RAISE! He probably has AA . . . so I fold)

He advocates folding AJo UTG . . . meh probably borderline . . . but AJo is better than KQo IMHO, if people just limp KQ, I think limping or raising AJo is fine

He also advocates folding AKs in the small blind against a raise from UTG?!?! Maybe I suck at poker . . . I would NEVER fold AKs from the blinds for a single bet!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 03:27 PM

I really liked "how good is your limit hold'em" . . . it follows a similar format with MUCH better advice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really liked "how good is your limit hold'em" . . . it follows a similar format with MUCH better advice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We think he's a weak/tight douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not joking. He's terrible. He advocates just calling with AK. The guy is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he advocates folding! ROFL!!! (see below)

You're in the small blind, holding Ah Ks. Seat # 2 has raised, everybody has folded. What do you do?
fold (7 points)

call (5 points)
Old 12-23-2005, 03:56 PM

haha nice avatar