Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Getting information but then wanting to ignore it.

UTG limps, I limp with T:dimaond: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO, button limps, SB folds, BB checks. BB is almost unknown but seems a little loose right now. Of course he could just be running well or whatever.

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, button calls, BB checkraises, UTG folds I 3bet Button calls both bets, BB 4bets and we all go move on to the turn.

Turn is a 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, I call(?) butotn folds (?!)

What's my plan for the river. If I'm not raising (diamond, 7, 9), which card am I calling and which am I folding.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Getting information but then wanting to ignore it.

Is this a live game/online?

You are limping a little early w/T9s, even in a passive game, there are just too many hands behind you.

You don't have a stong enough hand to three bet the flop, just call. What was your read on the button, btw?

I fold the river unimproved but my pot is much smaller.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are limping a little early w/T9s, even in a passive game, there are just too many hands behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey joe, he limped in the CO. i'd personally raise PF
Old 12-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Song:

There's a monkey in a cage with a lap top
And he's on the buuuuttttoooooooon.

Well, I don't mind calling on the turn. Save yourself bets by just calling, as BB seems intent on raising. He's at two pair right now, maybe he hit the mortal nuts on the flop.

If a ten comes up and BB bets again, you may consider a raise/call. If he doesn't bet, then bet/call. Of course, you run the risk that he has 57 or 107 and made his straight; still, you're getting good EV in this case. I'm a little weak on the river, so I might just call whatever BB bets if a ten pops up. Any other card, save for your prized outs, I'm folding. No need to move on any further.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:17 PM

Oh yeah, and I'm raising PF from the CO with 109d a lot, unless the game were really tight and I felt I couldn't get value for my 109d on the flop. Such a beautiful hand late. Such...just a [censored] beautiful hand.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 limper to me with T9s i fold
Old 12-14-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 4AM when I read the post and I missed that, yes, I raise preflop in the CO here too.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:51 PM

All-

Yeah looking at this I would usually raise, don't know why I didn't I think raising is correct. It was online, especially since button was pretty tight.

JoeTall-

Are you telling me your line is going to be call the flop checkraise, call the turn and fold the river unimproved? That seems awfully weak for top pair.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:02 PM

Got any stats on this guy? My first instinct is a set or 77, second comes AA and KK trying to limp reraise (has he done this?), third finally is JcQc,QcKc,TcJc,JcKc,QcTc,AcTc,TcKc type of hands assuming he'll raise w/ AcJc+. I'd definitely call the turn. On the river muck to any club except the 7 and T (just call) and maybe muck to any K,Q,J prob, not really sure here but I'd prob call still. If a 9 or T hits and he checks to you bet/call. If he bets into you just call since the only two hands that pay you off are AA and KK. Raise any non club 7. If he reraises the only hand that beats you is TcJc. If you think he'll do this with a set then cap. If the 8d comes just call since the only hands that are paying you off are AA and KK. If any other diamond comes I'm capping the river. I'll call any other card hoping he was on the club draw, including an ace.

Any suggestions to this?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:46 AM

Default result

bowski - no stats on him he was unknown but seemed a little loose. Your read is good though.

He had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] came on the river. He bet, I raised, he called.