Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 07:24 AM

Default QQ in the SB, HU, a K flops

Sorry to bore you with these perhaps standard stuff, but I feel so unsure in these situations. But surely it has to be correct to bet it all the way since he is so loose passive, as long as he doesn't raise along the way?

I feel it is so, but often there will be a raise in these situations, and I suppose my real question is if it's easy folds if villain raises either on the flop, turn or river? Is it like an immediate fold if he raises on the turn or river and a call if he raises the flop followed by a fold UI on the turn? That's probably the way I would have played it.

Villain is 41/5/0.46 after 43 hands, but since I played the hand yesterday I'm not sure what his numbers were at the time we were playing. But I think they were something like that.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: QQ in the SB, HU, a K flops

completely standard. value betting is where the money is at.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree, and again, I'm sorry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But as I said, my real question was what to do if I was raised on various streets. Perhaps that's just as standard, but I don't like the situations *sigh*. Since my bets could be seen as pure continuation bets, who knows what Villain is raising me with.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree, and again, I'm sorry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But as I said, my real question was what to do if I was raised on various streets. Perhaps that's just as standard, but I don't like the situations *sigh*. Since my bets could be seen as pure continuation bets, who knows what Villain is raising me with.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry I didn't really read all of your post [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. This guy seems vary passive from his numbers so I think a bet/fold on the turn and the river is the best play. If raised on the flop I probably call down unless one of the two draws comes in.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If raised on the flop I probably call down unless one of the two draws comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's because Villain's raising range is greater on the flop. But let's say he simply has a king, the most probable hand if he raises us; he could either raise the flop or the turn, and let's assume for simplicity that's equally likely. If he raises the flop we will - in the above line - lose 3BB unless we improve, but if he raises the turn we only lose 1,5BB since we will fold.

I'd probably call the flop raise and fold the turn UI, but I really appreciate thoughts on this, since these situations occur quite frequently, and I feel uncomfortable when I get raised, making me make mistakes.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:27 AM

IMO, this is bet/fold on every street except the flop where it is bet/call and hope to improve. Someone with a .46 Agg level is not raising 1 pair here even if he is 41 VPIP.