Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-01-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Stats analysis question (LC)

Just finished taking another shot at 2/4 full, and ended up with -2BB/100 over 7k hands, at PP, Absolute, and Stars (v. small sample size, but what I have on this computer for 2/4 at the moment).

I've read over the big stats thread by CallMeIshmael, and the FAQ in the Micros forum on the various stats numbers, but I'm still not sure why my stats look so weird.

VPIP: 17.27
W$WSF: 38.6
WTSD%: 37.56
W$SD: 48.45
PFR: 10.3

I don't feel that I've been playing horrendously, but looking at the numbers, it looks that I've been playing very loosely on the bigger streets and getting to showdown a lot. At Absolute (and other tight-ish games), most pots end up being blind battles or HU pots and I get to showdown a lot more than I used to at PP 1/2 and 2/4. Is this a reflection of tighter games, or am I simply playing too loose here?

I'm very curious about the W$WSF stat. It seems unreally high, particularly when compared to my 1/2 stats (around 31% there), and I'm wondering how it relates to my other stats.

Also, it appears that I'm over-protecting in the BB (folded BB to steal is around 50.5%) and I'm losing at -.25/hand here.

Would appreciate any comments.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Stats analysis question (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very curious about the W$WSF stat. It seems unreally high, particularly when compared to my 1/2 stats (around 31% there), and I'm wondering how it relates to my other stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is likely just because there are fewer players seeing the flop with you?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Stats analysis question (LC)

Now I am a short handed player, but my advice to you would be to try and see less showdowns. Your W$SD% is under 50% which could be an indicator of a bad run, but is more likely caused by calling down too much when you are beat. Someone tell me, however, if I am off base here.