Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-18-2005, 04:44 PM

Default someone who knows SQL help me :(

i recently bought a new computer. it's sick. the fastest thing ever. but it has windows x64 or whatever its called, and PSQL doesnt support that (which I just found out) So now I have all 3 of my databases backed up from my last computer as PSQL *.backup files, but I can't add them to pokertracker on this computer.

If at all possible, the first solution i"d like to try is to get PSQL working with PT in windows XP x64 edition . that would solve a lot of troubles and would make me happy.

If not, is there a way I can convert my PSQL backup databases to PT access databases? I Just need to be able to access them on my new computer.

Anyhow, thanks in advance.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: someone who knows SQL help me :(

Are you keeping your old computer around? If so, you might just be able to keep it running postgres and then have your new computer connect to it over your network for the database.

Wish I had a Win64 machine to screw around with to help you figure this one out.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:04 PM

You should be able to use the pg_dump utility on your old machine to export a big SQL file that you can import directly into access. I can't offer more specific help because I haven't used pg_dump in quite a while. But if you google it, you should find the documentation. It's not too difficult to use.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 PM

I'm running Windows x64 and PostgreSQL just fine. I don't remember doing anything special in order to get it installed.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running Windows x64 and PostgreSQL just fine. I don't remember doing anything special in order to get it installed.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show me where/how you installed? whenever i try to make a database, even if postgres is installed, it tells me the data source name is not found and that my ODBC driver is not installed.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:36 PM

hey baron, i just followed the directions exactly from the pokertracker help menu. didn't do anything different. if you do start, run, "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe", does that bring up a window? ... i'm kind of clueless about this stuff, so i don't really know what you should do. i suggest posting on the PT forums. pat reads them and he's usually pretty helpful.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey baron, i just followed the directions exactly from the pokertracker help menu. didn't do anything different. if you do start, run, "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe", does that bring up a window? ... i'm kind of clueless about this stuff, so i don't really know what you should do. i suggest posting on the PT forums. pat reads them and he's usually pretty helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it brings up that window which is good i think.

so when i try to connect to my PGSQL database (seperately, out of PT) it works but it says "There is no disk in the drive" before it connects. Could it be because my main drive is F:\? This is very annoying [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]