Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-17-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Very taboo. What do I do?

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Old 11-17-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only an ass shows one card.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't find the argument that players like knowing they folded correctly is persuasive. The fact that they folded indicates there is a chance they are aware enough to be offended by this tactic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:48 AM

You still don't get it.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't take offense to it, just don't try to make believe that you are doing it out of respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that you are doing it out of respect, but it is not disrespectful -- which is what you repeatedly claim.

[ QUOTE ]
I think guys might be missing my point a little. I like it when people do things like that. It is mostly done by weak players and it gives me more information about you and how you play. Yes very strong players do it occasionally but only when they are trying to set you up for a play later on. You will never ever get me to believe that you are showing one card out of respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not have to be setting up a play for later by showing one card -- although that is a perfectly good reason to do it. Many players feel more comfortable when they make a good fold. Occassionally showing a single card that proves the other player made a good fold keeps that other player happy without necessarily giving away the hand you played. Generally, you want to keep the other players happy -- particular at low stakes games when they are there to have fun and give you their money.

[ QUOTE ]
Remember the OP is in a $5-10 game and is much more likely to be a tool than a world class player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think you were a tool before -- but now you are acting like a tool and a nit. OP doesn't have to be a tool or a world class player to show a single card. I think I see the one-card-show by a wide variety of players at least once every half hour when I play live -- and thats a very conservative estimate.

Of course you should know when it is right and when it is wrong to show a card and how it might effect the play of your opponents in the future.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:12 PM

I'd say, "Don't touch my cards, man." and let it go. Very next hand that he mucks at showdown pull IWTSTH on him. Don't IWTSTH again.