Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: If you kill your own clone

BUT IF IM ME AND YOURE YOU DEN WHO ARE YOU
Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im all for making clones and killing them for organs...and im not even kiddin...its not murder - and yes now everyones gonna go off on me and what a moron i am...lets go...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to go off on you because scientifically and medically it would be great, but it is just morally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to hold this stances as well...but then i got diagnosed with a terminal liver condition - this changed my whole outlook on the situation. If i was allowed to clone a person or organ from my own DNA/tissues i would see no moral issue with it being used to save my life or the lives of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Organ, yes, Human, no...I can't do that.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im all for making clones and killing them for organs...and im not even kiddin...its not murder - and yes now everyones gonna go off on me and what a moron i am...lets go...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to go off on you because scientifically and medically it would be great, but it is just morally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to hold this stances as well...but then i got diagnosed with a terminal liver condition - this changed my whole outlook on the situation. If i was allowed to clone a person or organ from my own DNA/tissues i would see no moral issue with it being used to save my life or the lives of others.

[/ QUOTE ]
It'd be cheaper just to kill one of your relatives and use their organs.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you don't think (for who knows what reasons) that cloned humans would be viable "humans", this seems pretty stupid considering we could just clone organs without the "human" being surrounding them.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

i group this type of cloning in with organ cloning b/c its all cloning and most groups are totally against all kinds no matter what its use, even stem cells. I wrote my thesis on stem cells so im real familiar with the area, but that doesnt change that i would oppose full clones being created and thier various organs harvested...it might seem cold to most of u....but i have endless reasons that are too numerous to type here tonight
Old 10-10-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll save the argument and just say clone the liver. Hell, clone a whole person, missing his head. Nobody dies, everybody wins.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It'd be cheaper just to kill one of your relatives and use their organs.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats technically murder [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] wont argue definitions right now...have too much to do
Old 10-10-2005, 11:55 PM

killing your twin and killing your clone is not the same thing biologically or in any other manner. you are both morons [ QUOTE ]
This is fact, but i doubt enough people know it to make it obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Peachy\'s diagnosis

[ QUOTE ]

...i used to hold this stances as well...but then i got diagnosed with a terminal liver condition...

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachy, I'm so sorry to read this. I can see how, in your shoes, I'd think the same way.
God bless, and g/l

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Quick, kill us both, while there's still time!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
killing your twin and killing your clone is not the same thing biologically or in any other manner. you are both morons

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it not? two individual people, same DNA...