Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: First trifecta in a while (LC)

never post again.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: First trifecta in a while (LC)

AWESOME PLAY. screenname please?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Default not the same Tongni

Wow, obviously this is a different Tongni then the one who has made 3+ BB/100 in the mid-limit hands I have played on party.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: not the same Tongni

"Wow, obviously this is a different Tongni then the one who has made 3+ BB/100 in the mid-limit hands I have played on party."

probably the same guy. a couple very possible reasons:

1. everyone plays a hand poorly from time to time, even very good players.

2. how many hands do you have on the guy? because you need well into 6 figures for it to truly be meaningful. even very good players can run like crap for 50k hands.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:49 PM

yes, tongni is a very good player, he just posted a hand where he got realy lucky, and it's really funny and easy to make fun of him for it.

the mid-high stakes limit haters had to respond.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:01 PM

Togni is probably one of the best Party 20 or 30 has to offer however he also a tracker numbers junky. If you know your numbers using it against him is a great strategy...
Old 09-28-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. how many hands do you have on the guy? because you need well into 6 figures for it to truly be meaningful. even very good players can run like crap for 50k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, 3 bb/100 is running bad for me.

for everyone else:

also, I made a play that cost me one extra BB. with 11 outs. WOW DISASTER. I'm not worried about being bluffed out of the pot after my past play with him, and if I improve I win another bet when he has a pair.

It's called a read. I'm glad a bad read made your list of "worst plays ever". Here are a couple more hands where I made a read and it worked. Please let me know when you stop making decisions based on little green numbers that pop up when you hover over your opponents head.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Td Qd (one pair, tens).
Button has As 3s (one pair, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.25 BB. </font>

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Ah 7h (high card, ace).
Hero has 8h 8s (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. </font>
Old 09-28-2005, 11:18 PM

I think you missed a bet on the river on both those hands. If you had bet the river on both, they would be nice hands to show off with.

If you don't think you are ahead, why cap and 3 bet against opponents who cleary won't fold anything you are ahead of? The free showdown play is useless against this type of opponent, especially when he donks you on the river, just because.

Not knocking your play, because you are solid, I just respectfully don't think this was your best hand.

Nigel

EDIT: I just reread the hands and noticed you are OOP on both those hands, so it obviously wasn't a free showdown play. (I'm sick and my head isn't working I guess and I obviously can't read, sorry). Anyway, can you explain your thinking on the turn and river play on those 2 hands, just curious.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:20 PM

I agree with what you're saying, Mike. However, I was being facetious. I'm almost sure it's the same Tongni.

In line with what 3rdcheckraise suggests, Tongni never plays this way against me. He must be tracking my numbers.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:27 PM

Well, they were both pretty good players. In hand one, I felt that he is capable of bluff raising the river here, and KQ is a real possibility. Hand two, he's not paying off with much here, so I want to at least induce a bluff or save a bet from a hand I'm slightly behind. I have a lot of hands played very similarly, but these are the first two that came to mind, because I got berated extra hard after these I think.

Also, I'm not trying to show off, but just show how a hand looks good when your read is spot on, but looks awful when it's not.