Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 06:40 PM

Default La Reve or O?

I want to take the gf to see one of these two shows when I'm in Vegas for the WSOP. Anyone seen both? Is one better than the other? I'm leaning towards La Reve just since its newer. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: La Reve or O?

See O, and it isn't close.

O is considered the best overall of all the Cirque shows, although Mystere is considered a better value and almost equally as good for 2/3rds the price. Le Reve opened to several bad reviews, and by most accounts, is a mess in sore need of retooling, which I hear it is getting.

Still, until the waters look clearer, DEFINITLY O. Or even Mystere. Actaully, KA is also supposed to be incredible. But not Le Reve. Zumanity is supposed to be pretty good, but a bit over-the-top in its sexuality, in all kinds of sexuality. If 2 guys kissing makes you squeamish, don't see it, goes the standard line.

P.S. Le Reve is NOT a Cirque du Soliel show, as most think. It is similar, and I believe has the same architect, Dragone, of many cirque shows as well as Celine Dion's show A New Day.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:40 PM

What he said. O is spectacular and I have heard similar concerns/complaints about Le Reve. Going to see KA Saturday night!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:31 PM

I read on alt.vacations.las-vegas that Steve Wynn didn't like Le Reve, so they changed half of it.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Thanks! Also what about seats??

Thanks for the input guys. The only problem is now it seems like the only seats I can get for O for the date I need are what they call "limited view". That doesn't sound too good. Are most of the seats in the theater good or should I stay away?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Thanks! Also what about seats??

Have not been to "O", but a quick search found that most people who had limited view seats like the show anyway. Ask yourself how fussy you are, and how much this might get on your nerves. If you are the kind that gets in a huff and can't enjoy a movie when someone sits in front of you, limited view is probably a bad idea.

For what it's worth, here are some comments on the limited view seats:

favorable:

post (scroll to bottom)
trip report

unfavorable:
Old 06-14-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Thanks! Also what about seats??

I just got back from Vegas 10 days ago and saw "O" in "limited view" seats.

Awesome.

The "limited view" only blocked a small part of the stage, nothing in the water or the air. The blockage was from the handrail and it really wasn't a big deal. They don't do much on the front stage anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it, go see it. It's incredible.