Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 04-06-2005, 03:49 AM

Default no money in the pot vs i m winning?

i m not sure if i m posting this in the right section, but since the games i play in are mid-high stakes so i will post it here.

lets say a shortstack goes all in for about 10 times the big blind,and u know he did not go all in because he has good cards, but because he has no money left and he is frustrated, would you call him because you think you have better cards than him, or would you fold because you have nearly no money in the pot?

for example, lets say in a 2/5 live game, i call from UTG+1 with ace jack suited, 4 limpers, dealer goes all in for 50, everyone folds to u, would you call? and you know that the dealer is on tilt because he just lost a big pot to some crappy hand, you can tell by his face he is ready to go home, call or not?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: no money in the pot vs i m winning?

depends on the limpers, if they are passive then its an easy call. the idea that you arent pot committed isnt really important.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: no money in the pot vs i m winning?

I like the short-stack lotto. Long term, calling with any hands I would play in MP and sooner seems lika a positive expectation play. It also can help loosen up rockish live games.