Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 10:14 AM

Default live 2/5 game TPTK

$300 max 2/5nl game has been a mix of pots with a lot of limpers, or a raise and a lot of callers.

Hero (~$900) calls $5 utg+1 with AdJc, terrible guy ($600) who has been raising very marginal hands pf (KJo, A8o etc.) makes it $20 in MP, even worse player (just been throwing away money since he sat down) calls $20 in CO and newish player to the table with ~$250 calls in bb, I call $15 and we're 4 to the flop.

flop- Jd8s4s (pot-$82)

bb checks, i lead $50, raiser folds, CO thinks for about 20 seconds and as he is fondling his chips as if he may want to push in his last $140, the bb puts out $50 to call thinking it was his action. CO eventually folds and bb calls.

turn- Kh (pot-$182)

bb pushes for ~$180... (bb has been very tight up to this point)
hero-?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: live 2/5 game TPTK

Looks like BB has hit his 2 pair with KJ, fold.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:58 AM

I do not put villain on K/J. His quick flop call seems more like a draw to me (9/T, spades draw). If he had a Jack, he would have led the flop, imo. Also, he is short stacked and likely would have pushed this turn hoping to gain some FE with eight or nine outs.

I think that you could be behind to some awful 2 pair (K/8) or the spade drawing catching a K on the turn (though I think most 2/5 players would just bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot here). Remember, this is live and most players play bad. I call this most of the time and expect it to be good at least 2/3 of the time.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:05 AM

I think BB shows you a hand like K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He almost certainly has a king in his hand. He might even have called the flop bet with A-K thinking that the CO would come along to give him better odds. You should lay it down.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:54 PM

I ended up folding. I decided his most likely hand was KXs or maybe a flopped 2 pair/set afraid i was drawing at the flush. He had played tight up until this hand, even though he had only been at the table for a little while, i decided to give him credit and I knew i could certainly wait for better spots in this game. After playing with villain for another 5 hours or so, I feel confident he had me crushed if not on the flop, at least on the turn because I dont remember him showing down anything but winners and playing very tight.