Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Mazda RX-8?

[ QUOTE ]
why not just buy a BMW 3 series or a Lexus IS with 30K?

or one of these sweet rides

so sweeeet

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so ugly
Old 12-19-2005, 02:33 AM

If you want something sporty and fast for 30k I don't think there is anything better than a Subaru WRX STi. It isn't luxorious or the most comfortable but it kicks ass in the speed department.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 AM

I have one. It's a great little car. Very unique looking and it handles better than almost any car in its price range.

Cons:

* it is a little slower than other sports cars in the same price range.

* it's a pain to get into and out of the back seats (though I've been told it's relatively roomy once you're back there.)

* Gas mileage is terrible. Granted that I drive the car a lot harder than most, I only get about 17-19 mpg.

* This may be a pro or con, depending on how you look at it. To get the best performance out of the car, you have to rev it a lot. The red line is at 9000 rpm and it pulls all the way there. If you're used to engines with a lot of torque, you'll have to get used to driving a lot differently. E.g., if you're going 60 and want to pass, it's a must to downshift. In some cars, you can get away with leaving it in top gear. In the 8, you have to downshift from 6th to 3rd.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I own an 8 - very sweet ride. Smooth as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I like the vernacular of shortening the name to just "8," also. I'll have to start doing that in the future.

How does it handle in the chick-picking-up department? Do the chicks dig it? Is it easy to lie about the price and say it cost more than it actually did because it looks so cool?

[/ QUOTE ]
You HAVE TO be joecash's second account, right?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:09 AM

I have an Rx-8 (2004) and I LOVE IT - for the price there is simply no better sportish car on the market (in my opinion) - really it is a sub 6 zero 60, rear wheel drive, and handles amazingly and it is under 30K - comparing it to 'other sports cars' (vette's, ect) is really not a fair comparision due to the price range.....I would highly, highly reco this car to anyone who is thinking about it (sadly it is not much of a winter car and mine is in storage for the next 3 months, can not wait till the Sping!)
AF
Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 AM

The new M3s are BAD
Old 12-19-2005, 11:00 AM

YAY!

Get the RX8! I own an '04 Black one and I absolutely love it to death. Sure it hogs gas, but find a sports car that doesn't.

It's kind of a picky car- you HAVE to get premium, oil changes every 3k (or sooner, as I prefer) and you have to wait for it to fully warm up before you can turn it off. No big deal.

I totally love my RX8. I think it's the hottest bitch on the road and the handling is unsurpassed. It's not fast in the straightaway but trust me, going 35 around a turn is much more fun.

If you'd like any and all the information you'll ever need, go to RX8 Club .

Let me know if you get one! People with these cars love them. Everytime I'm driving around and I see another RX8 they'll tap the horn to say hi.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* This may be a pro or con, depending on how you look at it. To get the best performance out of the car, you have to rev it a lot. The red line is at 9000 rpm and it pulls all the way there. If you're used to engines with a lot of torque, you'll have to get used to driving a lot differently. E.g., if you're going 60 and want to pass, it's a must to downshift. In some cars, you can get away with leaving it in top gear. In the 8, you have to downshift from 6th to 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this too, but I love redlining it. Have you heard that when you redline it (fairly) often it makes the RENESIS faster over time?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM

The car was cool in X-men 2, but since then it has lost it's luster.

KoW
Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 PM

"I usually like to buy a new car around the beginning of each year"

"It looks like a pretty cool car and seems reasonably priced."

These statements just don't jive for me, can't explain why.