Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-18-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Check-raise this turn with a big draw?

Vilain is 42/18/1.3 after 350 hands and we have done battle a few times with me having much the better of it.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

It is the turn I am asking about as to whether I can check-raise here or is it better to just play the draw softly given the early action?

Also was I OK to check-raise the river when my hand got there or should I always lead here? I was fairly sure he would fire but the Ace is always a scare card which does freeze players up.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Check-raise this turn with a big draw?

Counting the two overs, you are the favorite to win this hand. The only hands to be worried about are AK, AQ, and a set. The first two eliminate 3 outs and the latter eliminate 6 outs and will re-raise. That being said, AX and small pp might fold and you have 15 outs to the nuts if you're 3 bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:53 PM

I prefer donking the turn here to check raising. The donk cuts his odds down more and you get to the river cheaper. I also donk the turn here with 2-pair set etc, that way you get 1 or 3 bets in, compared to 0 or 2.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:54 PM

nothings folding to a turn c/r on that board

lead the river. if he doesnt have an ace its hard for him to fire if checked to, and if he just made 2pair you get more action