Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Birthday in Vegas - Food Advice

I'm going to be in Vegas from Sunday through Wednesday celebrating my birthday (Monday). I'm going with a bunch of friends, not all of whom will be able to afford to go out and hit Delmonico's or the like. Any recommendations for a nice, but reasonably priced restaurant for Monday night? (For calibration, the steakhouse in Circus Circus is "nice" (no, really). The Sherwood Cafe is not.)

Any other 2+2ers going to be there during that time? Oh, and if Al and/or Photoc tells me where they work, I'll be sure to come by, say hi, and drop and extra toke or two at their table [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Birthday in Vegas - Food Advice

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be in Vegas from Sunday through Wednesday celebrating my birthday (Monday). I'm going with a bunch of friends, not all of whom will be able to afford to go out and hit Delmonico's or the like. Any recommendations for a nice, but reasonably priced restaurant for Monday night? (For calibration, the steakhouse in Circus Circus is "nice" (no, really). The Sherwood Cafe is not.)

Any other 2+2ers going to be there during that time? Oh, and if Al and/or Photoc tells me where they work, I'll be sure to come by, say hi, and drop and extra toke or two at their table [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend the following places for great food at reasonable prices...

Battista's - Italian, across flamingo from bally's behind barbary. Get a reservation. You can't possibly go wrong there no matter what you order.

Joey Bistro - on top of carriage house on harmon barely off the strip next to aladdin parking garage. I think wednesday is prime rib night, that chit was DAMN good.

For sushi - yama sushi on maryland parkway and flamingo in the albertson's complex

If you want to meet up, PM me as I don't like to reveal where I work on the forums.

al
Old 12-14-2005, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the recommendations. There's a good chance this group will have too much inertia to get them off the strip, but I'll give it a shot. Anyone else have a suggestion?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 PM

good seafood (and killer other stuff, too) at Joe's prime steak and stone crab at caesar's, or commander's palace at aladdin. both probably run you 30-50 a head for the meal.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:40 PM

I'll be the Jerk:

Cake and Ice Cream...HB!

-ZEN
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Battista's - Italian, across flamingo from bally's behind barbary. Get a reservation. You can't possibly go wrong there no matter what you order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur 110%. Battista's Hole In The Wall Italian resturant is a not miss. I go EVERYTIME I visit Vegas!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 AM

The Twin Creeks Steakhouse at Silverton is very good, and very reasonably priced (maybe a hair less expensive than Circus Circus Steakhouse). Twin Creeks
Old 12-15-2005, 02:52 PM

the best thing about battista's is the wine comes with the meal, and the menus are on the wall. And DUDE, the garlic bread is friggin' good and the clams with red sauce are clammy as hell! I recommend a side of italian sausage with whatever you get. Lots of cools pics on the walls too.

al
Old 12-15-2005, 03:25 PM

I will be in Vegas from Sunday night until friday. I'm going w/ one other friend and would be fun to get together with a group to go out. BTW, im 22. Happy bday
Old 12-15-2005, 09:21 PM

If you can pull your friends away from the strip and get them to head downtown, I'd suggest the Triple 7's Brew Pub at the Main Street Station. It's loud, lots of TV monitors with ESPN on, good microbrew beer and decent (affordable) bar food, especially the pizza. If that's not to your taste, then try the Pullman Grille there. Good steakhouse, decent prices, not super crowded so service is usually very good.

btw, Happy Birthday!!