Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Need lock pick for Survivor pool

I am in the Cardplayer survivor pool for WSOP trip only 35 left. I am leaning towards Washington but was looking for any other thoughts. I have Sea, Cinc, Minn, Chic and Pitts left that I want to save since this pool ivolves playoffs. So here are teams I have left to choose from: Hous, GB, Wash, Jax, Clev, Det, Mia, NO, AZ, SF, STl, KC, Oak and Phil thanks.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Need lock pick for Survivor pool

you don't need to save Minnesota and Pittsburgh for the playoffs, because they might not even make it and even if they do, they won't be favored.

Vikings are probably your best pick at -282. Green Bay and Pittsburgh are both around -245 but I would be VERY careful with those matchups.

the rest of your choices are pretty slim. i'd say the only two viable road favorites would be Washington (-174) and Oakland (-135), and I might actually prefer the Raiders playing against gangrene. you only need to score one touchdown to beat the Jets (though they DO play better at the Meadowlands...) - I wouldn't say the same against Arizona.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:17 PM

I think Jax will make the playoffs but I wouldnt want to use them they are going to win 3 out of the remaining 4(losing to indy). I am in the week 2 pool not this one. Green Bay would be a good pick for u to use this week they are 5.5 favorites of detriot. With what you have left I think that is your best option.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:44 PM

This is what I have left:
Buffalo
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati
Indy
Minnesota
Oakland
NYJ
Pittsburgh
Houston
Arizona
NYG
SF
Seattle
Denver
Detriot
Greenbay
New Orleans
Atlanta
Miami
San Diego

Ive got a lot of playoffs teams remaining and I cant decide either but its because if I want to gamble or take alanta.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:06 PM

For what it's worth, you don't need to go all the way, you just need to beat everyone else -- right?

Not that it should change anything, but just a thought. I wouldn't take a huge chance if I knew that 30/35 were going to drop this week.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:08 PM

Last week no one dropped this week looks like ten or so different teams picked I am guessing maybe ten at most will drop.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM

You don't need to go all the way thru to win, just beat everyone else. I was bounced a couple weeks ago with the pathetic St Louis Rams losing at home to AZ.

There were a lot of good choices that week--I gambled and tried for a non-playoff team (of course, I saw why they're a non-playoff team).

My guess--it comes down to point differential for the winner.