Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

Post the most interesting drinking game you've heard of

Tour de Franzia
teams of 3 compete to finish a box of Franzia "wine" first.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

how much is in a box?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much is in a box?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-18-2005, 03:21 AM

I've found that drinking games generally fall into 3 categories: card games, if x then drink games and sports. Card games would be games like kings, mushroom or circles of death where you pull a card out of a deck and depending on the card, either do something or drink a certain amount. If x then drink games are like the Family Guy drinking games where every time Stuey acts gay have one drink, every time Peter talks about his ancestors have 3 drinks, etc. Sports games would be like Beer Pong, Flip Cup or Quarters where there's some type of physical act that involves some skill.

Therefore, I think that the most interesting drinking game would have to involve something that doesn't fit into any of these categories, and I think that the best example would be Drinking Checkers. It's where you play checkers but instead of pieces, you use sho glasses and every time your piece gets jumped, you have to drink it and if you get kinged, your opponent has to drink it. By far, the most intellectually stimulating drinking game ever.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 AM

i absolutely hate card drinking games... but 'if x then drink' and sports are great.

Drinking Checkers sounds good, what do use in the shots? Vodka or something similar could get messy quick, 12 shots each for checkers right?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:30 AM

I think that the game you're playing isn't nearly as important as the people you're playing with. Personally, I love sports games, like a couple of card games and can't stand the if x then drink games. The sports games are just fun because they bring out that crazy competitive streak in me. The few card games that I like, I like because they can get competitive or fun with a lot of interaction, especially kings. The if x then drink games, though, I don't like only because they seem so monotonous, like you could say "Every time the minute hand on the clock moves, drink" and it'd basically be the same thing, because you're not focusing on the people you're playing with, you're focusing on the thing you're watching.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the game you're playing isn't nearly as important as the people you're playing with. Personally, I love sports games, like a couple of card games and can't stand the if x then drink games. The sports games are just fun because they bring out that crazy competitive streak in me. The few card games that I like, I like because they can get competitive or fun with a lot of interaction, especially kings. The if x then drink games, though, I don't like only because they seem so monotonous, like you could say "Every time the minute hand on the clock moves, drink" and it'd basically be the same thing, because you're not focusing on the people you're playing with, you're focusing on the thing you're watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, everything about this post is correct.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:27 AM

In London, there's a tube line that is a circle (ie never ending), called appropriately enough 'the circle line'. I believe it has 22 stops, and the idea is to start at one station, get off at each station, find a bar, drink 1/2 a pint of something, and then head back to the station to the next stop.

The real game includes the provision of directions at each stop to the nearest bar, and the idea is you jump off, get your drink, down it, and get back in time for the next train (say, 5-8 minutes?)
Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In London, there's a tube line that is a circle (ie never ending), called appropriately enough 'the circle line'. I believe it has 22 stops, and the idea is to start at one station, get off at each station, find a bar, drink 1/2 a pint of something, and then head back to the station to the next stop.

The real game includes the provision of directions at each stop to the nearest bar, and the idea is you jump off, get your drink, down it, and get back in time for the next train (say, 5-8 minutes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to go to London just to try it.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:32 AM

I'm in.

The only downside is, you play this at a time the bars are busy, there's no way you can get drinks in that fast. But that'll just have to be an allowable offence, I guess.

Also, if you play it right, you can pick up taggers (girls preferably, but crazy tourists also seem game and are fun) as you go, which is even more fun.