Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Default I HAVE NO BALLS

This is my first post ever and would like to share a hand and discuss what a balless coward I am. Here is the set up. Went to Taj Mahal to play tourney. Not a good turnout so I did not play. Lack of turnout due to WSOP event at the Showboat. I sit down at 1-2 NL with 300. A lady who likes to play 23o "for the hell of it" procedes to draw out 3 hands on me to put me down 226. I find out about WSOP too late to join so we go to look at event. Decide to go to Borgata to try my luck there and to appreciate the waitresses...At least the view is better at the Borgata.(No offense taj waitresses) OK, sit down with 200 at the 1-2 NL. Do fairly well bringing myself up to 650. This is almost at the end of the game for me because I had to leave at a certain time. So I am happy I have gotten my money back + about 220. Sorry if this is boring, heres the hand.

UTG-22
2 seat- KhQd
hero-9c10c
B-AA

Action called to button who raises to 15
UTG calls, 2 calls, hero calls

Flop
6c,7c,2

UTG raise 50, 2 calls, now here I make an illegal count out of chips then pull back and fold. The dealer rightfully yells at me and I tell her I would call if I made an illegal move. She asks the players if they'd mind that Id fold, they said no so she grabs cards and mucks. Button all in for 300, UTG calls allin with 50 left and 2 seat calls about another 100 all in.

Turn
8s

River Kh

I think I made a disasterous fold here. I am not to fast with the math but I think I had the odds to call with my outs. My thoughts here were this. I knew I needed to push or fold. I feared calling and Button going all in. Should I have feared that? I could not figure it out because with 4 people in I did not want to hit flush and lose. Also I dont like riding my stack on a gutshot straight with 4 people in. Am I way off here? I have only been playing since January and want to understand if I am looking at things all wrong. Thanks to all for your feedback. I have been reading the message boards for months and they Have helped me and entertained me with all the different charecters around! Happy holidays to all and a great 2006!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: I HAVE NO BALLS

PS...there were no other flush draws out
Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 AM

I disagree you needed to push or fold. You have to think your fold equity is not high with agression in front of you and the pre flop raiser behind you. I dont mind pushing a draw if I think people are gonna fold but you have to think you would get at least 1 caller here. UTG just bet 50 bucks and only has 50 left you think he is not gonna call?

The hand you are drawing to is very strong and if you make it you want as many people around as possible to pay you off.

The hand did not work out like this but here is what often happens... you push, everyone but the person with 50 bucks left folds, you hit your hand on the turn and congratulations you just made the least amount possible while risking the largest amount possible.

Compare this to what also happens often. You call, people behind you call. Turn comes you have the nuts the person with 50 left pushes and then you have the whole table by the balls with multiple people left behind you to act. You have risked 50 bucks to possibly win everyones stack. Compare this to risking your stack to possibly win 50 bucks like the previous example and you will see why I dont think this is a push or fold situation. I am curious to know why you think or thought it was.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:50 AM

first off - dont post what they had. dont post what the results were. i bet you $5 that if the turn/river were complete blanks, or the board paired, you wouldn't have made this post at all.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:51 AM

don't call raises with suited connectors if you don't want to count your flush outs. this is pretty much the best flop you are gonna see with your hand. i would probably just call the 50, as you have tons of outs and almost no fold equity. maybe you could get the button to fold his overpair, but i doubt it. when button pushes, i would just use pot odds to figure out if i wanna call. i think the pot should be 710, and you have to call 250. it seems to me that at that point you would have correct odds to call, even if you want to discount your flush outs quite a bit. also, try to play with seat 2 as much as possible. he probably has brain damage.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:10 PM

A. Thank you for informing me not to list hands.
B. I didn't make this post to generate action betting back and forth over hypothetical situations. I am talking about a specific hand with specific variables. Thank you for helping me in your little sort of way. Next time I will try to post something up to your standars! LOL
Old 12-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Thank you so much for your insight. I will next time not post the opponents hands so you can get a better feel of where I was. Also I find it quite interesting your comment on Seat 2. Your are so dead on correct that I cant believe it. He lost 600 in 30 minutes with 2 hands being an A high and the other a K high. He had either brain damage or a rich person just wanting to play. Thanks again
Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 PM

Thank you for your insight also. I think that I just misplayed the hand. I should have called which makes me believe that the button would have just called figuring he wanted to keep me in. Then when the str hits I should have bet 50 into him, tell him I think hes on AK and thats it and see if he pushes his overpair. I dunno. Thank you though for spending your time in thought about this hand.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:26 PM

This is a -great- flop for you.

Easy call. There's about $225 in the pot, and only $50 to call. If you can't do the math, just figure that if 3 people call, you will always have the odds to play (because you'll be putting in 25% at most). With 2 callers, you can even usually call w/ the preflop money and implied odds.

You've got 12 outs to a very strong hand and 2 overcards. CALL.

With all the callers preflop, a big bet post flop and 2 callers, there's plenty of aggression to go around.

Just call, and let them do the betting for you on the turn. If you hit your card, push.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Easy call, horrible fold.