Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Ethical Dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point but he is my friend. I don't feel that terrible about not doing out, but I would feel bad abouut giving him a really crappy paper and just screwing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't be screwing him, you'd be telling him straight out that if all he is willing to pay is $125, you'll do it, but you'll do a real half-assed job. If he's willing to accept that, then fine. If not, he can either renegotiate price, or write the paper himself. It's not like I'm saying you should spring a poorly-written paper on him at the last minute.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:20 PM

Since it was wrong for you to agree to do this in the first place, I don't think it is wrong to change your mind. Your friend should just be happy that he's not getting exposed as a plagiarist.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
knowingly writing a paper which your friend will turn in under his name is grossly unethical

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Kidnapping, torturing and killing an innocent child is grossly unethical. This is neither here nor there. I don't understand why some people insist on making a big deal out of the stupidest most inconsequential things.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument strikes me as clearly no better in any way than what it argues against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't trying to make an argument about what is or isn't ethical. I was just pointing out that it's ridiculous that some people get so worked about actions that have no effect on them personally, and minimal effect on anyone else, that they feel the need to condemn them.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:51 PM

For the amount of time and effort required, you get paid better playing bridge with antes
Old 11-17-2005, 12:32 AM

once u agree, if ur his freind you cant back out, i think 125 for 7-10 pages is a low but going rate is about $10-20 per page, hes not paying you for a "half assed" paper either, the paper should be good regardless of the agreed upon terms. to most college kids $125 is alot of cash-he is paying for a A-B paper. they all dont have a poker players perception of money (i personally think for 10 pages 100-200 is about right)

his deadline does not change because u change ur mind, and tell him later that you dont want to do it.

also saying its ethically wrong so you wont do it becuase u want more money/dont feel like doing the paper IS TOTAL BS
Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 AM

another thing
-- id be alot more worried about the ethics of being a prick to your freind than the ethics of him cheating on a paper
Old 11-17-2005, 01:46 AM

Being an accomplice to an unethical act is unethical.