Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth\'s AK hand

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a routine preflop fold to me.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you picking on me?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Isn't he the "M" factor Magriel?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:06 PM

As Lloyd said in his post Magreil's stack was huge but I also don't know what the denoms were.My point was only that Hellmuth went in a slight dog and whined about it as always.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:13 PM

I don't remember the exact hand but I remember that the same old dude made a VERY similar play prior to the AA hand. No telling how much time went in between the hands in real life but on tv is was probably 5-10 hands.

I would have gone broke. I also think the majority of 2+2'ers would too.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM

These announcers are the worst. I'd rather have Lederer commenting alone with a sore throat boarding on larengitis than these fools. They praise the play of the fossil who was so brilliant in checking the nuts - anyone looks good playing the nuts - hands like that play themselves, right? Wrong! Because the amateur played it like an amateur. He made many mistakes which all of you pointed out - he overbet into a player who has demonstrated a preference to play smaller pots and make conservative laydowns to avoid these big confrontations. Second he talked way too much to Hellmuth, a master at reading voices and he seemed way too comfortable doing it. Phil picked up on this. I think if he made two 5k bets and said nothing he would have been well rewarded. Anyone with me on these crappy announcers?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember the exact hand but I remember that the same old dude made a VERY similar play prior to the AA hand. No telling how much time went in between the hands in real life but on tv is was probably 5-10 hands.

I would have gone broke. I also think the majority of 2+2'ers would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only other hand they showed was him cold calling w/ QQ.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 PM

Eh, i don't really need the announcers to point out to me he played the hand porrly. I can see that for myself. (though it would be easier with a stack-size, blind-size and pot-size 'scoreboard' type thing)
Old 10-19-2005, 02:25 PM

um, yeah. they are, but its cool with me, because then you get moer and more products of espn who play that way because "norman chad said it was right"

the old guy gave him reads that even I could see, and I've never gone to a B&M. Im still wondering why he didnt bet 1/2-pot on the flop. If you think abuot Phil's range of calling hands, an ace is in most of em.

Yes, in the heat of battle it was a great laydown... but Negreanus were much much harder to make.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These announcers are the worst. I'd rather have Lederer commenting alone with a sore throat boarding on larengitis than these fools. They praise the play of the fossil who was so brilliant in checking the nuts - anyone looks good playing the nuts - hands like that play themselves, right? Wrong! Because the amateur played it like an amateur. He made many mistakes which all of you pointed out - he overbet into a player who has demonstrated a preference to play smaller pots and make conservative laydowns to avoid these big confrontations. Second he talked way too much to Hellmuth, a master at reading voices and he seemed way too comfortable doing it. Phil picked up on this. I think if he made two 5k bets and said nothing he would have been well rewarded. Anyone with me on these crappy announcers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not talking smack about THE Norman.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth raised, Magriel re-raised, folded to Hellmuth who pushed. Magriel had excellent odds and called. Not sure how many chips he had there but it didn't seem like losing was going to hurt him too much - he had a big stack, just not sure the denominations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my beef is with Magriel's reraise then. WHY reraise big Phil with 7s. What is phil raising with that you beat? I don't think Phil has a LAG rep, so like I said earlier, you're still hoping for a coinflip, for a lot of chips. I just don't see the point.