Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Should I be betting out?

I feel that a weakness of mine is missing out on pinching the small pots with marginal hands OOP. I never really know where is stand. Assuming villains are unknown, which of these would you bet out with and why? I apprecaite it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand1:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero???

Hand2:

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero???

Hand3:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero???

Hand4:

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero???

Hand5:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks???
Old 10-03-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Should I be betting out?

In the heat of battle I might puss out and check some of these, but I'm thinking the only one we should check is #4.

#1 The only 1 pair hands you're worred about someone holding are AT or a king, and it's alot more likely that noone is holding a king.

#2 Same principle as #1, although there are alot more overcards that could hurt us. At the same time this looks like a harder flop for people to peel against than the first one, although I'm sure they'll find a way at 1/2 so maybe this is a check?

Hand #3 Once again it's more likely noone has an ace than is holding one, and one of them already checked further reducing the chances one is out there. Although there are more overcards that can come I like your chances here since it's hard for non pair hands to call since noone can hold an overcard.

Hand #4 easy check, LP against 3 others on a board they're gonna love to call on.

Hand #5 Heads up he's more likely to have missed than hit, and you're getting 2.5 to 1 even if you don't take it further than this bet.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:55 AM

Hand 1: Bet, unless theres an agro player in late position who you know will bet, then I c/r.

Hand 2: I bet, peel to any aggression.

Hand 3: Bet.

hand 4: Bet, our folding equity is good.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:19 AM

You bet hand #4 or did you get that mixed up with #5?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You bet hand #4 or did you get that mixed up with #5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Woop, yeah it did. Hand 4 I check.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:50 AM

I bet all of them except 4. Keep in mind that a scare card to you is a scare card to everyone who limped in. It is very, very unlikely people are limping in with an Ace or a King unless they are super passive. Your fold equity here is huge even up to 3-4 opponents. Even if you can make 1-2 opponents fold from a bet it is worth it in all these hands just to increase the percentages of winning the pot. Also, depending on the player, these are good value bets too (against loose passive, any part of the board is gold).
Old 10-03-2005, 12:05 PM

You don't need a pair to bet ragged flops in unraised pots, though these flops are somewhat drawy. It helps to know your opponents' postflop tendencies, because you don't want to put too much money in OOP against players who won't fold, unless you have a hand.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:55 PM

yea, u need to bet out on these.