Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 10:42 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Good god UB games are tighter than hell

On thing about scouting the table is when you see a nice table, the waiting list is about 6+ deep. So it will likely change by the time i get on it.

Not to say i couldnt watch it up til it's my turn on the list though.

Lately there hasnt been one 3-6, and one 2-4 game. It gets a little better at night, but not much. Compared to the # of tables ive seen on Party, and hearing/seeing in posts how much softer they are...

I really wish theyd get more SNGs going in the mid limit. $20 to $50. I love their format for the blinds. Though i like party's also, ive only played the small ones on there. Which you can almost sleep in and make money. Almost. It does become kind of a sprint at the end with how fast the blinds increase.

b
Old 05-18-2004, 12:35 PM

I haven't played sit'n'go's on Party lately, but when I did, the problem wasn't a lack of tourneys; the problem was that their lobby lagged so badly that by the time a new tourney was shown as open, and you went to the table, it was already full.

Party 2/4 is still pretty loose (usually 4 or 5 seeing the flop, and some very clueless fish), but preflop play is sometimes fairly agressive. The 2/4 is still beatable with ABC poker, but not nearly as soft as a year ago.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:25 AM

I rarely join a table waiting list 6 high unless I am doing other things, and then, your'e right, by the time you get called it's probably a different game I play weeknights after 10 pm pacific time mostly, and there always seems to be a good game - I believe this is your time zone as well.

When I did play during the day, frequently throughout my first year of play, games were always pretty tight and not very good. Of course, at the time, I was mostly the player against whom I now wish to play against. Anyways, the advantage of semi-regular play on UB if you play there somewhat frequently, is that it's relatively easy to identify the regulars which makes it easy to adjust quickly in the right game. So I still like UB as it can be a good balance to the games at Party low limits - maybe that's why I like it.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:07 PM

Maybe it's the time of day that I play (usually late evenings Pacific time), but I always find a table or two at 3-6 or 2-4 that has a see-flop % above 30, sometimes even 35, which I consider about as loose as you're going to find online at those levels. The kill games especially seem to attract a few gamblers.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:36 PM

i don't know diddly-dickerooni about computers...but the problem may be as much in your computer as it is in your connection. viruses and what-not i guess.

i still have a dial-up connection typically in the 30k range....but i rarely have disconnectes since getting my new computer.

on my old computer, if i tried playing 2 party tables at the same time i would have all kinds of timing-out problems.

in my situation, it wasnt the connection...it was the computer.

i take my laptop down to a wireless-internet coffee-place sometimes and there is very little difference in the quality of play.
the 2+2 pages sometimes load a little bit faster...but the difference is negligible.

i did notice a huge difference when i downloaded a new poker-site via hi-speed vs. dial-up though.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:36 PM

Good god UB games are tighter than hell

Games in hell are not tight, but you won't finish up a winner as all their draws get there and your AA never gets paid.

Hang on, didn't they shut down recently and move back to Korea?

Lori
Old 05-19-2004, 05:41 PM

Poker hell... sounds like a fun little short-story concept.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always find a table or two at 3-6 or 2-4 that has a see-flop % above 30, sometimes even 35, which I consider about as loose as you're going to find online at those levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

hell the 5/10 games are prima get up to around 50% seeing the flop on 10 max tables so your wrong when you said 35% is the loosest your going to find online!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:31 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Actually, the main problem with delays and such were very widespread at UB. It was kind of a running joke on there among many regulars. (ive been there since before they even had cash games)

They also had the lockup problem where if anyone was joining a table it would freeze up. That went on for awhile. It's since been taken care of, it seems.

It also has a problem, which could be related to my comp, that after a certain amount of time on a table or 2, my comp slows down. Even to the point where my system clock slows. The other night, by the end of the session, my clock was off by about 17 mins. This also is a problem ive had for some time that i havent noticed on other sites ive played.

Soon ill be getting a new comp and gleefully sledgehammering this one. Ill be seeing if UB acts the same.

b
Old 05-23-2004, 07:07 PM

Default If you think UB is tight try Stars!

That site has just as tight games. You can raise anything in first position and only the monkeys who cold call ace anything on a raise will call(the losing players who you make money off of).