Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2004, 09:42 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Good god UB games are tighter than hell

Did a little 2-4 on UB. It was squeeeeeakin'. Maybe 3 at most to the flops, usually for a raise. Not usually a showdown.

Great games! Wonderful! This was only 2-4. Tighter than my live 10-20 game by far. (Except the day game/rock garden) I've heard the UB games were tight and tough, but, jesus. It's prime time. Where are the soft games on this site?

Are party's games really that much softer?

Ive also noticed the SNGs are a little tougher. Primarily the $20 ones. Of course, the blind structure is more favorable since it's on time and not # of hands, but 150+ hands regularly? Seems to take about twice as long as Party's SNGs. Personally, i like UB's a little better with how they do the blinds.

Ive been thinking of switching lately. Especially since Party has easily 3x as many players and games going. UB your lucky to get a $30 SNG to go in an hour. Party ive noticed has 5+ going all the time.

Should I?

b
Old 05-17-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Good god UB games are tighter than hell

I think you will find the competition tougher at UB over Party for sure. If you want a looser game at UB, try the six handed 2/4 games. They might be more to your liking.

I love the software at UB, but wish the players from PP would move over there. I have a slow dialup connection and usually can't play quickly enough on my PP/Intertops account. I've had $300 sitting in it for a few months now. I really need to invest in Cable internet soon.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:27 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I used to do pretty well in the 6 max games. But i want to do the full games more. Easier on the variance. Especially if i get my ass-handers award.

UB never seems to really draw the 'new' money as much. It couldnt be their software problems that tend to happen every month with tables freezing and crap. I think they lost alot in the main boom because of this.

I also really like the software. I shook down Slavic for info on how to multi on Party on 1 screen without the possibility of misclicking and tried it out. I felt kinda dumb when i saw how easy it was to do. duh. Even though my monitor isnt big enough for full screens next to eachother, it's good enough.

Of course, that'll change when i dump this piece of crap machine im on now. Ill get a bigger monitor with the new bag of wires.

If you're playing online, cable/dsl is the way to go. Dial up sucks. I wont go back to it. I dont miss that loooooong delay. Wondering if my raise is actually going to make it. Only to see i timed out and got folded. My mouse took a beating on a few of those. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks...

b
Old 05-17-2004, 10:36 PM

I haven't played there in a couple of months but the low limit NL games were soft.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:59 PM

Thats too bad because I really haven't experienced those lock up problems in quite some time, but I do remember when they were pervasive. It was frustrating. But nothing worse, as you say, with a poor dialup connection pissing off an entire table of 9 other people with the lags....

I mean, some people would think it was me agonizing over a tough call/fold decision or something. LOL, no dude, its my 26.4kps connection!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 PM

Hi Bernie,

Although I mostly play on Party now, I learned how to play on UB and have a sentimental attachment to the site.

I've played 15 hours since the latest bonus, and although the 2-4 & 3-6 games are generally as you describe them, there always seems to be one or two good games going on. The 4-8 mini table can be great as well depending on the texture. Generally speaking, this is always the case at UB. Personally, I don't pay much attention to the flop% and average pot size - just watch an orbit or three and you'll have a reasonable approximation of the table. So if you've got the time to scout out some tables, it can be well worth the investment. I haven't played NL low limits for a while but they used to be good.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:36 PM

PS I also found the kill games to be good and I wish more sites had them
Old 05-17-2004, 11:42 PM

the kill games still have average pot sizes smaller than almost all other's sites non-kill games at the same limit.UB games in general blow!Compared to half a dozen other good rooms there is really no reason to play here.I also like the software but unless the games loosen up the only reason I will ever be at UB is to burn bonuses or play the rogue good PLO or NLHE game.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:41 AM

Yo Bernie:
If anyone wants to see really crappy pathetic pot averages check out ACR/Fabulous Poker..

my god I have 200 or so new bonus bucks to burn and the game are just god awful.You see stuff like this $25-$30 pot averages in 3-6 LHE and get this the same averages even in a $2-4 NLHE game.These games are the worst on the net right now much worse than even UB.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:59 AM

They over rake their games so that is a problem. Ie the 2/4 and 3/6 games get raked before 20. If the table is tight that is a problem when you play short as decent 16 or 18 buck pots get raked instead of being free. But otherwise the games maybe easier to beat because you know what these guys call and if they are giving heat they got something.