Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Montana poker.

Anyone play in Montana? How ae the games? How bout limits? Best places?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Montana poker.

I think there's a guy there who will play you NL heads-up.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Any particular place in MT you are looking for information on?

Billings has a dozen or more card rooms now. Some play dealers choice. Some play HoldEm'. Limits are usually low.

When I get the chance I usually play at the Crystal Lounge, downtown, 3/6 HoldEm'.

The highest limit I know of is Doc and Eddies where they have a 6/12 game. Montana limits the total pot to $300.

There are a lot of other card rooms in other towns but I have no idea what the story is with them.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a guy there who will play you NL heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]would that be you????????is your car red???????and very pretty???????OT but just curious
Old 09-30-2005, 10:31 PM

I am thinking billings. Comeing up from around wheatland. Just wondering if it is worth the effort.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:36 PM

No. The guy's name is Ray. I don't know what color his car is, but he's not very pretty.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:48 AM

A lot of bars in and around Helena seemed to run poker games weekend nights...I think it was 2-5 spread limit or something...probably juicy as hell
Old 10-01-2005, 11:45 AM

Billings is a heck of a drive from Wheatland. Not sure that it would be worth it for me if the sole intent is Poker. Actually I do not make the drive of 130 miles to just play poker in Billings. The only time I end up playing there is if I am there for some other reason and have time in the evening to play.
If you are looking for mid-high limit games that are available all the time, 24 hours a day, then Montana poker is not that way. If you have another reason to be in Billings then by all means there is live poker available.

If you really want to play like poker from Wheatland WY I would suggest making the Drive up to Deadwood SD or I guess there is some live poker in the mountains west of Denver somewhere.

Deadwood is a shorter drive and the Black Hills are nice. Plus there is more to do, at least with gambling, in Deadwood. They have Blackjack and Slots and all of that sort of thing if you like that stuff at all? Plus Deadwood is just a neat old western town. Devil's Tower is out that way as well and that is a neat place to see too.

Might want to check out the Poker Wiki for more information on poker in Deadwood. There are a couple of good writeups in there
Old 10-01-2005, 02:19 PM

Been to Deadwood. Never have been to Billings or Montana for that matter. Going to shot some pics hang out throw some cards. I heard Motana is beautiful thats part of the attraction. Never even been to Casper. I have taken some awsome pics at sunset right outside of Chyenne.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Motana is beautiful thats part of the attraction. Never even been to Casper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes parts of Montana are beautiful, spectacular in fact... Billings isn't one of them. Casper, stop for lunch, gas and don't look back. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]